• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry -- 8 months of freedom

ScottyT

imported post

I have had a great day! my wife and I thought it would be nice to hit the polls when they opened at 10 this morning, but when we got there we thought the line was too long for us to wait in (had to be home by 11). Determined to return when we had more time, we headed to the grocery store for super cheap Halloween candy.

After a bit of cleaning and yardwork, we headed back to the county govt center to vote. I was wearing my Utilikilt and my XD 45 in the Serpa holster. I got 5 questions/comments/compliments on the kilt, never a mention about the gun. We did our duty at the polling place (after about a 45 minute wait, not too bad) and then headed out to grab lunch and run errands (with my "I Voted" sticker on my Serpa). The poll worker did look at me funny when I used my CFP as ID...

Late lunch at Blue Iguana. We love this place and eat there almost once a week. They regularly have buy one get one free entree coupons in the Trib, Des News and City Weekly (almost every week in the CW, Fridays in the weekend section of the Des News). I have OCd here a dozen times at least and nobody has ever mentioned it. Eat there, it's tasty. It is located downstairs from Benihana, just behind the Capitol Theater.

From there it was a quick trip to WalMart and then to Gateway to pick up my repaired computer from the Apple Store. Good to have my baby back.

I am coming up on my 8th month OCing and I have yet to have a negative encounter. I have had dozens of compliments, questions and other positive experiences. OCing is as natural as breathing these days. I feel guilty and uncomfortable during the times I have to conceal. Between OC and my recent conversion to MUGs (men's unbifurcated garments), I am running a serious surplus of comfort and freedom! :celebrate

scorpioajr

imported post

Why, why, why!

472723907_7d149f9533.jpg

I'm ALL for kilts (i guess) but this guy needs his instructions re-sent.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Every day that it is clean. It is hang dry only, so I miss a day or two each week.

This is my kilt (the tan one):
http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php?page_id=31

Feel free to browse around a little!
Sorry, but as an owner/wearer of both a traditional Scottish petite kilt and Scottish Great Kilt, I'm afraid that wearing a kilt too long without a sporran starts to make it look too much like a skirt.

Get yourself a decent leather sporran to hang on the front of that thing, will ya?:lol::lol:

Charles

ScottyT

imported post

With all the pockets there is no need for a sporran (and no need to fear the "sporran slap").

One reason why I like Utilikilts more than their imitators is that the snaps in the front really break up the pattern nicely. I think that without the snaps it would definitely be to "skirty".

thx997303

imported post

I don't know man, seems a little odd to me. Unless of course your at payson scottish festival. Then I could see it.

Oh well, I just wont wear one:)

ScottyT

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I don't know man, seems a little odd to me. Unless of course your at payson scottish festival. Then I could see it.

It took me a couple of years of seeing how happy a friend of mine was with his before I convinced myself to take the plunge. Best decision I ever made! It sounds corny and cheesy, but it really is a life changing move. Some people just don't do change...

scorpioajr

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

It took me a couple of years of seeing how happy a friend of mine was with his before I convinced myself to take the plunge. Best decision I ever made! It sounds corny and cheesy, but it really is a life changing move. Some people just don't do change...
Whoa, I can asuppliment that EXACT verbiage for/to my reasoning to OC.

Edit: Emoticon, I had to 'Emot'

althor

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

I think I'd have to go with the lava-lava... $10 sounds better than $150+.