• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my lifetime license :)

aikidoka

imported post

And darn it the weather changes just in time when a cover garment is required brrrr! lol

My closest to open carry was today at Burger King in Hammond. I rode my bike over so had a jacket on due to the weather but took it off after I sat down. I'm warming up to full OC so my gun side was facing the inside of the booth which is how I sit usually anyway out of habit.

Jubbie

imported post

Most people will be bundled up tight as they walk into stores & restaurants during the winter. They won't even be looking at anybody else. It's once you are inside that matters. Take your jacket off, sling it over your off-hand and go shopping. Throws off the whole "Wal-mart Greeter" idea of watching for certain things at the door. It's nice to know there is yet another Hammond resident carrying. Watch for the next OC meet-up in the area and you'll see a good number of people OCing in the winter time.

aikidoka

imported post

I ended up carrying a bit more open recently. I was in Wendy's, took my coat off after I sat down with my gun side to the outside of the booth. I then realized I needed a spoon for my frosty. Well darn I wasnt expecting to make that big a step but what the heck. I walked over to the condiments without my coat. I think a couple ladies may have noticed but no one said anything. So far so good :)

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

aikidoka wrote:
I ended up carrying a bit more open recently. I was in Wendy's, took my coat off after I sat down with my gun side to the outside of the booth. I then realized I needed a spoon for my frosty. Well darn I wasnt expecting to make that big a step but what the heck. I walked over to the condiments without my coat. I think a couple ladies may have noticed but no one said anything. So far so good :)

That is such good news. Continue to OC every chance you get (especially now that Obama has won the election). Make all of us OCers proud!!!

2nd Amendment..........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Next time try taking your coat of as soon as you go in - before you order.

The more you OC the easier it gets - the more comfortable you will be - and conversely the easier it gets, the more you'll be inclined to OC. :D

Yata hey

aikidoka

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Next time try taking your coat of as soon as you go in - before you order.

The more you OC the easier it gets - the more comfortable you will be - and conversely the easier it gets, the more you'll be inclined to OC.  :D

Yata hey

I'm working up to that. One thing that helps is that I go to the same fast food places nearly every weekend so they know my face.