• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Forum on Nov 29

carguy

imported post

As a newcomerI am thrilled to read some of the stories here. I am a radio talk show host in northern CO and will be hosting a 4 hour program on Nov 29th about open carry rights. Weld and Larimer county Sheriffs and DA' officeswill be represented. Also RMGO's Dudley Brown, and two Police Chiefs will be present to answer question and explain department policy. This will no doubt be a spirited debate and all callers are welcome. Please tune in.

600KCOL

show is also streaming nationwide on www.600KCOL.com

Nov29, 2008

10am - 2 pm

Dom

imported post

I think that's great, except 600KCOL is a Clear Channel station. Clear Channel gave anti-gun organizations free billboard space in Pennsylvania, so I'm disinclined to listen to their advertisers on 600KCOL.

carguy

imported post

Thanks, the more the merrier. Remember a right unused is a right lost. Call in and help me spread te word. I really want to show the public that we who choose to OC are not a bunch of nut cases, but responsible people whocare about ourselves, our families, and our neighbors. By the way, I cant imagine Clearchannel giving ANYONE free advertising.

carguy

imported post

Go back and read the charter of Moms Against Guns. Although I dont personally agree with everything the org stands for it is NOT anti-gun. Check out the website.

Equinox

imported post

Great job!

I just finished listening to the 11/29 broadcast and I must say that it was an awesome show! There definitely needs to be some additional shows picking up where this one left off.

I did get the impression that LEO were more leaning toward having citizens carry concealed instead of open. I didn't feel as if there were any helpful tips or suggestions for confrontations between LEO other than let LEO handle the situation.

It would be nice if we could establish some form of OC etiquitte between law abiding citizens and LEO. Most people here will probably agree that the bad guys will not be the onesOCing a firearm in a secured holster on their hip. I feel that it is very unfair for people who OC to be considered guilty until proven innocent.

Perhaps we can get the topic of open carry more in the eye of the public as well asLEO and get more people confortable with the idea of OC. The public should be more aware of their constitutional rights.

Any chance of getting LEO folks from the Denver metro area and southern Colorado on the show? Perhaps Aurora Chief of Police, the Arapahoe County Sheriff, etc. It'd be an interesting show if you could get folks from the Denver PD on air.

carguy

imported post

I am planning a show in January. I will post it. Attempting to get Aurora PD to participate. Anyone have a contact in the dept they can share?