Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Offenses for Printing in ID?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hayden, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    70

    Post imported post

    So I have a friend who is taking his CCW class and just purchased his first carry gun. he stopped by to tell me and inform me that his CCW instructor told him that if he is caught printing twice then he gets his license revoked. I have not heard of this, is there a printing police out there?

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    GreenDrake wrote:
    So I have a friend who is taking his CCW class and just purchased his first carry gun. he stopped by to tell me and inform me that his CCW instructor told him that if he is caught printing twice then he gets his license revoked. I have not heard of this, is there a printing police out there?
    Sounds nutty - in Idaho like most states no permit is needed to open carry so how cold printing be a problem?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hayden, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    70

    Post imported post

    Yeah I figured he had to be out of his tree to make a comment like that, wonder where that came from. Someone must have scared a sheep along the way.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855

    Post imported post

    If someone says you're printing, carry it in the open and say "how's this?" OC is legal in ID, just as CO.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    I have never heard of anything like this, and chances are whoever told you this is very uninformed or reciting laws from another state.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    15

    Post imported post

    Idaho law on concealed carry

    http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newi...id=180330002.K

    The reasons that can be used to revoke a license

    Code:
    Code:
    (15) The sheriff of the county where the license was issued or the sheriff
    of the county where the person resides shall have the power to revoke a
    license subsequent to a hearing in accordance with the provisions of chapter
    52, title 67, Idaho Code, for any of the following reasons:
    (a)  Fraud or intentional misrepresentation in the obtaining of a license;
    or
    (b)  Misuse of a license, including lending or giving a license to another
    person, or duplicating a license, or using a license with the intent to
    unlawfully cause harm to a person or property; or
    (c)  The doing of an act or existence of a condition which would have been
    grounds for the denial of the license by the sheriff; or
    (d)  The violation of any of the terms of this section; or
    (e)  The applicant is adjudicated guilty of or receives a withheld
    judgment for a crime which would have disqualified him from initially
    receiving a license.
    Now my opinion, if you are printing, it could be argued that you are open carrying, which is legal. So you are either open carrying, or concealed carrying, whichever they pick is legal, and so is not a reason to revoke.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    man.. u really have to watch out for these ROGUE instructors.

    I wonder if they are voting for OBAMA for (common sense gun laws)

    my mom fell for that line.. she has a ccw and hunts and early voted for OBAMA.

    luckily her vote wont count here in idaho... there is no way OBAMA wins idaho.



    gotta be careful though.... california cities are laying off cops, where do you think they are moving to??? they bring up the LAPD mentality.


  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , Idaho, USA
    Posts
    41

    Post imported post

    "Misuse of a license, including lending or giving a license to another
    person, or duplicating a license, or using a license with the intent to
    unlawfully cause harm to a person or property"

    Don't break windows with it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    New to the whole OC thing. What is printing?

  10. #10
    Regular Member shad0wfax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,067

    Post imported post

    4liberty wrote:
    New to the whole OC thing. What is printing?
    Printing is when you are concealed carrying and the firearm is visible as an outline under your clothing.

    Printing applies only to CC and there's no such thing as printing when OC, hence the argument that if anyone complains about printing in ID, you can just OC and say "how's this?" as someone else pointed out.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    shad0wfax wrote:
    4liberty wrote:
    New to the whole OC thing. What is printing?
    Printing is when you are concealed carrying and the firearm is visible as an outline under your clothing.

    Printing applies only to CC and there's no such thing as printing when OC, hence the argument that if anyone complains about printing in ID, you can just OC and say "how's this?" as someone else pointed out.
    ty

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    idaho doesnt have any law for printing.. if there was it would be unde 18-33.

    i am simply amazed by some firearms instructors



    it brings me back to a time whenit seemed like allkarate instructors had MULLETS..

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    idaho doesnt have any law for printing.. if there was it would be unde 18-33.

    i am simply amazed by some firearms instructors



    it brings me back to a time whenit seemed like allkarate instructors had MULLETS..

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    Hiredgun30 wrote:
    idaho doesnt have any law for printing.. if there was it would be unde 18-33.

    i am simply amazed by some firearms instructors



    it brings me back to a time whenit seemed like allkarate instructors had MULLETS..
    Mullets? like REX KWON DO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmUsVeKp1o


    The favorite of mine is the instructors who say you can only carry a .45 if your a guy. Women can only carry a .38 or .357 revolver.

    The best option is always to read the law for yourself. Then go look at all the gun forums for info regarding calibers - 9mm, .357 sig, 40 S&W, .45 ACP - will all penetrate the required 12" in gelatin. Stick with one of those 4 calibers in a GLOCK and +P JHP and you'll be fine.



  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    bourneshooter wrote:
    Hiredgun30 wrote:
    idaho doesnt have any law for printing.. if there was it would be unde 18-33.

    i am simply amazed by some firearms instructors



    it brings me back to a time whenit seemed like allkarate instructors had MULLETS..
    Mullets? like REX KWON DO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmUsVeKp1o


    The favorite of mine is the instructors who say you can only carry a .45 if your a guy. Women can only carry a .38 or .357 revolver.

    The best option is always to read the law for yourself. Then go look at all the gun forums for info regarding calibers - 9mm, .357 sig, 40 S&W, .45 ACP - will all penetrate the required 12" in gelatin. Stick with one of those 4 calibers in a GLOCK and +P JHP and you'll be fine.

    As someone who used to perform homicide autopsies I can assure you that .22 .25 can kill as well. No doubt that 9mm and especially .357 and .45 do massive damage.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    if you dont think 25 and 32 autos can kill... turn on A&E channel and watch (1st 48) tv show.. there was a guy shot and DOA with one round from a 25 auto.

  17. #17
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    340

    Post imported post

    double post.

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    340

    Post imported post

    GreenDrake wrote:
    So I have a friend who is taking his CCW class and just purchased his first carry gun. he stopped by to tell me and inform me that his CCW instructor told him that if he is caught printing twice then he gets his license revoked. I have not heard of this, is there a printing police out there?
    flat out false, untrue, not correct and pure BS.

    try to find such a thing in Idaho law or caselaw... you can't.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    Pure B.S. No such law exists in Idaho. Period.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WINCHESTER, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11

    Post imported post

    DCR wrote:
    Pure B.S.* No such law exists in Idaho. Period.
    Or anywhere I have heard of-- all other reasons aside- how do they know you are not undercover?? The 'printing thing' is blown way over the top--almost everywhere. I will be polite and drop it there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •