• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Offenses for Printing in ID?

GreenDrake

imported post

So I have a friend who is taking his CCW class and just purchased his first carry gun. he stopped by to tell me and inform me that his CCW instructor told him that if he is caught printing twice then he gets his license revoked. I have not heard of this, is there a printing police out there?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

GreenDrake wrote:
So I have a friend who is taking his CCW class and just purchased his first carry gun. he stopped by to tell me and inform me that his CCW instructor told him that if he is caught printing twice then he gets his license revoked. I have not heard of this, is there a printing police out there?
Sounds nutty - in Idaho like most states no permit is needed to open carry so how cold printing be a problem?

GreenDrake

imported post

Yeah I figured he had to be out of his tree to make a comment like that, wonder where that came from. Someone must have scared a sheep along the way.

BrianEMT

imported post

I have never heard of anything like this, and chances are whoever told you this is very uninformed or reciting laws from another state.

cwp

imported post

Idaho law on concealed carry

http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=180330002.K

The reasons that can be used to revoke a license

Code:
[code](15) The sheriff of the county where the license was issued or the sheriff
of the county where the person resides shall have the power to revoke a
license subsequent to a hearing in accordance with the provisions of chapter
52, title 67, Idaho Code, for any of the following reasons:
(a)  Fraud or intentional misrepresentation in the obtaining of a license;
or
(b)  Misuse of a license, including lending or giving a license to another
person, or duplicating a license, or using a license with the intent to
unlawfully cause harm to a person or property; or
(c)  The doing of an act or existence of a condition which would have been
grounds for the denial of the license by the sheriff; or
(d)  The violation of any of the terms of this section; or
(e)  The applicant is adjudicated guilty of or receives a withheld
judgment for a crime which would have disqualified him from initially
receiving a license.
[/code]
Now my opinion, if you are printing, it could be argued that you are open carrying, which is legal. So you are either open carrying, or concealed carrying, whichever they pick is legal, and so is not a reason to revoke.

Hiredgun30

imported post

man.. u really have to watch out for these ROGUE instructors.

I wonder if they are voting for OBAMA for (common sense gun laws)

my mom fell for that line.. she has a ccw and hunts and early voted for OBAMA.

luckily her vote wont count here in idaho... there is no way OBAMA wins idaho.

gotta be careful though.... california cities are laying off cops, where do you think they are moving to??? they bring up the LAPD mentality.

vinnie

imported post

"Misuse of a license, including lending or giving a license to another
person, or duplicating a license, or using a license with the intent to
unlawfully cause harm to a person or property"

Don't break windows with it.:D

shad0wfax

imported post

4liberty wrote:
New to the whole OC thing. What is printing?

Printing is when you are concealed carrying and the firearm is visible as an outline under your clothing.

Printing applies only to CC and there's no such thing as printing when OC, hence the argument that if anyone complains about printing in ID, you can just OC and say "how's this?" as someone else pointed out.

4liberty

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
4liberty wrote:
New to the whole OC thing. What is printing?

Printing is when you are concealed carrying and the firearm is visible as an outline under your clothing.

Printing applies only to CC and there's no such thing as printing when OC, hence the argument that if anyone complains about printing in ID, you can just OC and say "how's this?" as someone else pointed out.
ty

Hiredgun30

imported post

idaho doesnt have any law for printing.. if there was it would be unde 18-33.

i am simply amazed by some firearms instructors

it brings me back to a time whenit seemed like allkarate instructors had MULLETS..

Hiredgun30

imported post

it brings me back to a time whenit seemed like allkarate instructors had MULLETS..

bourneshooter

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:

Mullets? like REX KWON DO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmUsVeKp1o

The favorite of mine is the instructors who say you can only carry a .45 if your a guy. Women can only carry a .38 or .357 revolver.

The best option is always to read the law for yourself. Then go look at all the gun forums for info regarding calibers - 9mm, .357 sig, 40 S&W, .45 ACP - will all penetrate the required 12" in gelatin. Stick with one of those 4 calibers in a GLOCK ;) and +P JHP and you'll be fine.

4liberty

imported post

bourneshooter wrote:
Hiredgun30 wrote:

Mullets? like REX KWON DO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmUsVeKp1o

The favorite of mine is the instructors who say you can only carry a .45 if your a guy. Women can only carry a .38 or .357 revolver.

The best option is always to read the law for yourself. Then go look at all the gun forums for info regarding calibers - 9mm, .357 sig, 40 S&W, .45 ACP - will all penetrate the required 12" in gelatin. Stick with one of those 4 calibers in a GLOCK ;) and +P JHP and you'll be fine.

As someone who used to perform homicide autopsies I can assure you that .22 .25 can kill as well. No doubt that 9mm and especially .357 and .45 do massive damage.

Hiredgun30

imported post

if you dont think 25 and 32 autos can kill... turn on A&E channel and watch (1st 48) tv show.. there was a guy shot and DOA with one round from a 25 auto.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

GreenDrake wrote:
flat out false, untrue, not correct and pure BS.

try to find such a thing in Idaho law or caselaw... you can't. :)

Tusker

imported post

DCR wrote:
Pure B.S.  No such law exists in Idaho. Period.

Or anywhere I have heard of-- all other reasons aside- how do they know you are not undercover?? The 'printing thing' is blown way over the top--almost everywhere. I will be polite and drop it there. :)