• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for?

• McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barr

• Baldwin

• Obama

• McKinney

• Other 3rd Party

• Total voters

MetalChris

imported post

I know there was a similar poll earlier, but this one has more options.

KatieVT

imported post

As I posted on a topic in the Politics section, I am voting for Chuck Baldwin. If Ron Paul was running, he'd have my vote, but Baldwin is a close second (not to mention Ron Paul endorsed him).

You can read my post in the Politicssection (Chuck Baldwin post) as to why I think he's the best candidate, but I also encourage people to check out http://baldwin08.com/Issue-Firearms.cfm.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I was debating writing in Ron Paul just for the symbolic value (that's all a vote is anyway), but I decided to go and write in my own name.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long

If you are part of a society that votes, then do so. There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for...but there are certain to be ones you want to vote against. In case of doubt, vote against. By this rule you will rarely go wrong. If this is too blind for your taste, consult some well-meaning fool (there is always one around) and ask his advice. Then vote the other way. This enables you to be a good citizen (if such is your wish) without spending the enormous amount of time on it that truly intelligent exercise of franchise requires.

MetalChris

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I was debating writing in Ron Paul just for the symbolic value (that's all a vote is anyway), but I decided to go and write in my own name.
:what:But I thought you were an Obama plant! :what:

j/k of course. ;)

Carnivore

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Anything other than the nominees will be a wasted vote, at least make your vote count..

Republican here !!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Anything other than the nominees will be a wasted vote, at least make your vote count..

Republican here !!

You must have missed the memo... any vote is a wasted vote. It's ONE vote. Voting is purely symbolic and to give yourself that warm fuzzy feeling that you've actually done something. The harsh reality is that you've done nothing and your vote's effect on the outcome is exactlyzilch. Hence me not wasting time, effort, and gas to actually go vote.

So, if you're going to vote, vote on principle and who you really believe in, not the "lesser of two evils" because your vote doesn't really matter anyway. If the masses of sheeple in this country would actually embrase that attitude we wouldn't constantly be getting stuckwithhorrible and horrific as the only ones with a shot to win.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Kind'a like a lottery, if you don't play then you can't win. If you do play then your chances are only slightly improved.

Terrible analogy. I don't by lottery tickets though, just fyi.

Your candidate (assuming your R/D)has a 50/50 of chance of winning whether you vote or not. Your vote doesn't change those odds. As far as you and your vote are concerned, the outcome is pre-determined. So just go and vote for who you really believe in and don't worry about "wasting" your entirely worthless vote.

Entertaining article that explains the logic quite well...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/magazine/06freak.html

MetalChris

imported post

This wasn't meant to be a thread to argue about who the best candidate is (God knows we already have plenty of those.) Just select your option and move on please. :)

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

McCain/Palin... I don't think that they are the best for the job, but definitely the 'lesser of evils'
I wish Huckabee was in the running!