• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

72 Hour Get the Vote in VA Beach VA

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

The McCain/Drake victory center needs people to get work the phone back this evening until 9PM and Monday and Tuesday. There's several open seats in the evenings that concerned gun owners should be sitting in. They could also use help in giving rides to the polls Tuesday. The address is 512 South Independence Blvd Suite 200.

richarcm

imported post

I live in Fairfax. I also have off tomorrow. If ANYONE would like to be able to say that they did their part to help I'd love to have someone go with me to the local campaign headquarters in Fairfax to help canvass or whatever they need help with.

Please people, this is not a day to be LAZY or to think that this crap doesn't matter or that both candidates are flawed (they ARE politicians). This is your moment in history, the VERY last day, to help determine the outcome.

I've asked for help before and nobody answered.

Who wants to help? This is important!

If not me, if not in Fairfax, then help in VA Beach, Richmond, Fredericksburg....WHEREVER! If you have time tomorrow DO SOMETHING IMPORTANT!

Please? Anyone?

If you don't do your part then you really aren't THAT passionate about your gun rights.

Mr. Engineer

imported post

Edit: these two summaries below are from another website.

John McCain (F) GOA: Joined McKelvey in gun control, tried running for president in 2000 as an anti-gunner. This year it appears he is seeking to “come home” to the pro-gun community. / NRA-ILA: Supported McCain/Feingold legislation and promoted attacks on gun shows, Gave McCain a F as he is inconsistent at best and has supported far too many anti-gun schemes.

Barack Obama (F) GOA: no information. / NRA-ILA: With a combination of RICO in firearm law and Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama in the White House, you can bet the farm the “bad old days” would quickly return. Every peaceable individual who owns a firearm will be in jeopardy. Neither had much else on Obama. From ontheissues.org I found the following statements made by Obama: Keep guns out of inner cities–but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006) Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998) Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005) Gave Obama an F for obvious reasons.

I'm voting for the guy with an "A" rating.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

richarcm wrote:
I live in Fairfax. I also have off tomorrow. If ANYONE would like to be able to say that they did their part to help I'd love to have someone go with me to the local campaign headquarters in Fairfax to help canvass or whatever they need help with.

Please people, this is not a day to be LAZY or to think that this crap doesn't matter or that both candidates are flawed (they ARE politicians). This is your moment in history, the VERY last day, to help determine the outcome.

I've asked for help before and nobody answered.

Who wants to help? This is important!

If not me, if not in Fairfax, then help in VA Beach, Richmond, Fredericksburg....WHEREVER! If you have time tomorrow DO SOMETHING IMPORTANT!

Please? Anyone?

If you don't do your part then you really aren't THAT passionate about your gun rights.
Your a great American Richarm and yes I meant to rip off Sean Hannity :)

richarcm

imported post

you people are sad. Your fight for gun rights seems fake when you refuse to do anything more than OC or chat online.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

richarcm wrote:
you people are sad. Your fight for gun rights seems fake when you refuse to do anything more than OC or chat online.
I've always respected your opinion, but this is over the line. You have no way of knowing who's doing what, so this personal attack is pitiful. Please reconsider.

richarcm

imported post

Tess wrote:
richarcm wrote:
I've always respected your opinion, but this is over the line.   You have no way of knowing who's doing what, so this personal attack is pitiful.  Please reconsider.

I'm not attacking anyone. I've pleaded several times and nobody responds. Not even any explanations as to how anyone would like to help but can not. However every other thread is all sorts of active.

If you are busy I CERTAINLY understand. But I do not apologize for feeling it is sad for those who care to do nothing but OC and chat. I stand by that 150%. It's depressing.

Marco

imported post

richarcm wrote:
this is over the line. You have no way of knowing who's doing what, so this personal attack is pitiful. Please reconsider.

OMG!!!
Do you remember this.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17211-1.html

You didn't start the thread but sure went along with it.
Maybe people aren't responding to YOUR request?

Marco

imported post

richarcm wrote:

richarcm wrote:
ACTUALLY if you took the time t read it I did not go along with it. I'm the one that said it was not completely true.
Sorry for being honest.
Only because this is making me a little nervous.....to be fair we open carried our holsters to the event. We did not arm up until we go to to my truck in the parking lot. There were not any security measures taken place upon arrival of the event however I am not 100% confident that had we spent the event actually OCing that a cop wouldn't have come to us and asked us to leave or disarm.

I'm am not confident enough in the allowance of OCing at rallys such as this as to persuade others to do it. I would recommend approaching this issue no differently than you ever have until there is more obvious evidence that OCing would not be a problem.

Last edited on Tue Oct 14th, 2008 21:48 by richarcm
Your first post didn't refute the story, neither did you second.
It wasn't until your third post almost 24hrs after your first.

richarcm

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
richarcm wrote:
ACTUALLY if you took the time t read it I did not go along with it. I'm the one that said it was not completely true.
Sorry for being honest.
Your first post didn't refute the story, neither did you second.
It wasn't until your third post almost 24hrs latter.
My previous post did not work properly because I was trying to respond on my phone.

What I said was:

"ACTUALLY if you took the time t read it I did not go along with it. I'm the one that said it was not completely true. Sorry for being honest."

And in regards to what you say now....no I didn't refute it nor did I second it. Brandon is a REALLY good friend of mine and I was thinking that he would eventually clarify it up himself. He didn't so I did it for him. So again, sorry for being honest. I could have just left it like it was perceived and done nothing. Would that have secured my integrity? Holy crap.

richarcm

imported post

If anyone wants to PM me about the previous post I'd be MORE than happy to educate you one what I said and why I said it.

In regards to THIS thread....again, if anyone wants to help out THIS is your chance. If you have a problem with ME personally, fine, but you can still do your part. For the good of this website, VCDL, NRA, the 2A and everything else.

If you are busy, fine. Things come up. But if you are just too lazy or are too interested in the perfect candidate....you reep what you sow. This is bigger than your pride or your refusal to assist "the lesser of the two evils". I'm not a big McCain fan either but this is important. Your desire to sit this one out is not going to make the problem go away.

If you do help out or have been helping out.....THANK YOU!!!!