• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

got brave today

p85

imported post

I have had a chp from nc for several years and frequently visit the fine state of va. I don't feel comfortable open carrying but I frequent this forum and think about it now and then.

Today, while gassing up the car, on our way back from smith mtn lake, I decided to go for it. I pulled my shirt from over my iwb and let the holster see some daylight. :celebrate

Come on, give me some encouragement, I took the first step.:lol:

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

p85 wrote:
I pulled my shirt from over my iwb and let the holster see some daylight. :celebrate

Come on, give me some encouragement, I took the first step.:lol:
How appropriate...the Virginia tuck. That's classic. Well done.

Bullbuster

imported post

cccook wrote:
Armed wrote:
Next time - you have to walk around your car, at least twice ;)
A Chinese OC drill? That's good.

Try washing the windows. You'd be amazed at how clean they get and how little :what:you will get.

Good on you for practicing your rights of OC. We have all been there and will agree its very intimidating at first but then it becomes a natural thing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

p85 wrote:
snip...
Today, while gassing up the car, on our way back from smith mtn lake, I decided to go for it. I pulled my shirt from over my iwb and let the holster see some daylight. :celebrate
Good start - now do it with a gun in your holster :lol:

Yata hey

richarcm

imported post

Next time make sure there are actually people around. If you OC and nobody is there to see.....does it really count as OC? It is still concealed to society...not by clothing but by geographical location.....

richarcm

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
A good first time OC is at Hooters, where you walk in and all the honeys yell HI WELCOME TO HOOTERS!!!
I prefer Starbucks. Nothing will break you in any quicker than hippie coffee shops.

Sea_Chicken

imported post

congrats on your first oc. It really does get easier the more you do it, I just started a few months ago and the the easiest way i found to do it more often is go to places like walmart,wing king, hooters and others that have been in the forum alot as oc friendly.

p85

imported post

Ilive in the triad area of nc. I have yet to see anyone open carry here. I do travel into Virginia and feel much more comfortable trying open carry there. More of a rural setting. I also like the fact that I could OC in resturants that serve alcohol, something you can't do in nc.