• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC experience

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Went in with the wife for some new house plants (let's not not go there, trust me on ths one :banghead:). While being helped by an employee he notices the 1911 on my hip and asks about the handgrips (pachmayr rosewood w/ finger grips). He then ask if I am a LEO or just a citizen who wants to protect himself? I give him my answer and we started a discussion. I told him it was legal in WA to carry openly and I said even your corporate heads agree with it and presented him with a copy of Lowes Corporate policy & Home Depot's policy on weapons. He had no idea & was thrilled. I told him about OCDO and invited him to the site. I just wish I had remembered to bring some WGR pamphlets with me. Later on I saw him in another part of the store talking with another employee and introduced me to her. I don't think she was much thrilled about the policy as she kept staring at my hip.:what:

K_Bjornstad

imported post

I was just in lowes tonight getting some redwood for a deck my girlfriend and i are building. The cashier didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. BTW gunr, if you read my reply to your post on the thread I started..I'm sorry for my "cockish" attitude. Anyhow, great overall experience.

bluer1

imported post

Did she say, "Is that like, a real gun or something?" Then ran to the bathroom and washed herself for 2 hours repeating the biblical law of the plague, "He so whomever touches this man, he is unclean. He who sittith upon where he sat... UNCLEAN!" *mumblemumble* *scrubscrub*

shad0wfax

imported post

bluer1 wrote:
Did she say, "Is that like, a real gun or something?" Then ran to the bathroom and washed herself for 2 hours repeating the biblical law of the plague, "He so whomever touches this man, he is unclean. He who sittith upon where he sat... UNCLEAN!" *mumblemumble* *scrubscrub*
That made me laugh quite loudly. LOL definitely applies.:lol:

FMCDH

imported post

That kind of situation begs just one response to the poor lady.

"Mam, with all due respect, criminals don't open carry, and I would use it in your defense just as sure as I would my own."

flagwaver

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
That kind of situation begs just one response to the poor lady.

"Mam, with all due respect, criminals don't open carry, and I would use it in your defense just as sure as I would my own."
Well said, evenfor a Coastie Ha Ha. Just kidding,I have been trying to come up with some way to say just that. Again well said!