Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

Post imported post

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight, that was awesome. Good meet and greet guys.

So you in the morning at lake mead and bruce.

inNV

Post imported post

You had your gun taken away at an OC event? What happened?

Post imported post

I had two sips of beer, six french fries, and then got busted.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Maybe best not to ask any more questions, fellas.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?

Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Vegassteve wrote:

No more info.

He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:

No more info.

He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
    Really? So you know what happened? You were there? There is no harm in explaining a little further. Maybe you need to look at the VA forum to see how somebody making a similar claim hijacked the forum and had members running to the media etc all on false info. You dont just post something like this fellow did and not give any info. That does none of us any good. We are the ones that live ere in Vegas and if something is up then we should be aware.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:

No more info.

Really? So you know what happened? You were there? There is no harm in explaining a little further. Maybe you need to look at the VA forum to see how somebody making a similar claim hijacked the forum and had members running to the media etc all on false info. You dont just post something like this fellow did and not give any info. That does none of us any good. We are the ones that live ere in Vegas and if something is up then we should be aware.

inNV

Post imported post

I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?

Post imported post

inNV wrote:
    I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?
    I was there and I was also busted. To keep this short and sweet the copknew absolutely nothing about the Nevada gun laws, examples: he told my roommate(whose gun was also taken with out permission or reason) that because he had a concealed carry permit he is not allowed to open carry and he was comitting a felony by doing so, he told me I'm not allowed to drink while carrying and that the law that says 0.10 does not exsist(he still made me take the breathilizer?), and he said state law does not preempt the N. Las Vegas law. This cop was a walking cliche of ignorance and words can not discribe how pissed off I am.

Post imported post

I really want to make an issue of this. And I want my bullets back.

Post imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
    I really want to make an issue of this. And I want my bullets back.

What was the officers name? Did you get a reciept? Were you charged with something?

Post imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
    inNV wrote:
    I was there and I was also busted. To keep this short and sweet the copknew absolutely nothing about the Nevada gun laws, examples: he told my roommate(whose gun was also taken with out permission or reason) that because he had a concealed carry permit he is not allowed to open carry and he was comitting a felony by doing so, he told me I'm not allowed to drink while carrying and that the law that says 0.10 does not exsist(he still made me take the breathilizer?), and he said state law does not preempt the N. Las Vegas law. This cop was a walking cliche of ignorance and words can not discribe how pissed off I am.

Did someone call the cops? Was he already there?

Post imported post

The cop said management called them but we were never approached by management. The officer's name is burned into my brain after last night and we did not get reciepts for our weapons. We were not charged with anything and like ourmanthejoker said I will be persuing this matter.

Post imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
    The cop said management called them but we were never approached by management. The officer's name is burned into my brain after last night and we did not get reciepts for our weapons. We were not charged with anything and like ourmanthejoker said I will be persuing this matter.
    Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
    Are you joking?

What is the law in Nevada on alcohol consumption while carrying a gun?

Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    Are you joking?

Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.
    Nevada Law says you can't be in possession of a firearm if your BAC is above 0.10%. http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRs/NRS-2...l#NRS202Sec257

2 sips? I'd say they were within the law. That cop needs to get fired and sued. I'd press charges for theft.

Post imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
    Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?
    Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    Are you joking?

It doesn't appear to be a "joke." There is not much info posted here, but it certainly appears there was NO wrongdoing/unlawful activity (except by the cop.)

How can you say "... set such a bad example"??? It appears these guys were doing NOTHING wrong. It is CERTAINLY lawful to have a beer while dining in Nevada - just don't exceed .1% BAC. It doesn't sound like they were engaged in unruly activity or anything of the kind. Obviously, no one recommends hanging out in bars and drinking while armed, but to have one beer with a meal is much different. (To be honest, I probably wouldn't do so while OC, but if these guys were completely lawful, then they have my support.)

I do hope they will, at some juncture, disclose more detail. In the meantime, I hope they retain attorneys and fight city hall.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence
    evidence for what crime that they were never charged with?

Post imported post

varminter22 wrote:

It doesn't appear to be a "joke." There is not much info posted here, but it certainly appears there was NO wrongdoing/unlawful activity (except by the cop.)

How can you say "... set such a bad example"??? It appears these guys were doing NOTHING wrong. It is CERTAINLY lawful to have a beer while dining in Nevada - just don't exceed .1% BAC. It doesn't sound like they were engaged in unruly activity or anything of the kind. Obviously, no one recommends hanging out in bars and drinking while armed, but to have one beer with a meal is much different. (To be honest, I probably wouldn't do so while OC, but if these guys were completely lawful, then they have my support.)

I do hope they will, at some juncture, disclose more detail. In the meantime, I hope they retain attorneys and fight city hall.
    Its NO JOKE. None of us were over the limit or acting intoxicated. We were quiet and didn't bother anyone. We don't want to say much because we don't know how far we are going to take this.

Add thanks for the support Varminter, its much needed.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    Sheepdawg wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    evidence for what crime that they were never charged with?
    Like I said dude, words can not describe how pissed off I am.

Post imported post

Sheepdawg and Ourmanthejoker: I sent a priv msg to you two. Please respond!

Post imported post

varminter22 wrote:
    Sheepdawg and Ourmanthejoker: I sent a priv msg to you two. Please respond!
    Thanks Varm for coming to check this out.

I too do not understand how they can hold the guns as they were not charged.

Please let us know if we can write the police or city hall.

Post imported post

Sounds fair. I wish the best, it sounds like those who had firearms confiscated have a "case with legs." Good advice on the lawyer and the posting.

Citizen wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:

No more info.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast