Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 84

Thread: So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    148

    Post imported post

    So my gun was illegally taken away tonight, that was awesome. Good meet and greet guys.

    So you in the morning at lake mead and bruce.

  2. #2
    inNV
    Guest

    Post imported post

    You had your gun taken away at an OC event? What happened?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    148

    Post imported post

    I had two sips of beer, six french fries, and then got busted.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Maybe best not to ask any more questions, fellas.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?



    Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?



    Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?
    No more info.

    He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    Citizen wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?



    Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?
    No more info.

    He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
    Really? So you know what happened? You were there? There is no harm in explaining a little further. Maybe you need to look at the VA forum to see how somebody making a similar claim hijacked the forum and had members running to the media etc all on false info. You dont just post something like this fellow did and not give any info. That does none of us any good. We are the ones that live ere in Vegas and if something is up then we should be aware.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    Citizen wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?



    Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?
    No more info.

    He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
    Really? So you know what happened? You were there? There is no harm in explaining a little further. Maybe you need to look at the VA forum to see how somebody making a similar claim hijacked the forum and had members running to the media etc all on false info. You dont just post something like this fellow did and not give any info. That does none of us any good. We are the ones that live ere in Vegas and if something is up then we should be aware.

  9. #9
    inNV
    Guest

    Post imported post

    I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The High Plains, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    134

    Post imported post

    inNV wrote:
    I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?
    I was there and I was also busted. To keep this short and sweet the copknew absolutely nothing about the Nevada gun laws, examples: he told my roommate(whose gun was also taken with out permission or reason) that because he had a concealed carry permit he is not allowed to open carry and he was comitting a felony by doing so, he told me I'm not allowed to drink while carrying and that the law that says 0.10 does not exsist(he still made me take the breathilizer?), and he said state law does not preempt the N. Las Vegas law. This cop was a walking cliche of ignorance and words can not discribe how pissed off I am.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    148

    Post imported post

    I really want to make an issue of this. And I want my bullets back.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    I really want to make an issue of this. And I want my bullets back.

    What was the officers name? Did you get a reciept? Were you charged with something?






  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    Sheepdawg wrote:
    inNV wrote:
    I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?
    I was there and I was also busted. To keep this short and sweet the copknew absolutely nothing about the Nevada gun laws, examples: he told my roommate(whose gun was also taken with out permission or reason) that because he had a concealed carry permit he is not allowed to open carry and he was comitting a felony by doing so, he told me I'm not allowed to drink while carrying and that the law that says 0.10 does not exsist(he still made me take the breathilizer?), and he said state law does not preempt the N. Las Vegas law. This cop was a walking cliche of ignorance and words can not discribe how pissed off I am.


    Did someone call the cops? Was he already there?



  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The High Plains, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    134

    Post imported post

    The cop said management called them but we were never approached by management. The officer's name is burned into my brain after last night and we did not get reciepts for our weapons. We were not charged with anything and like ourmanthejoker said I will be persuing this matter.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    Sheepdawg wrote:
    The cop said management called them but we were never approached by management. The officer's name is burned into my brain after last night and we did not get reciepts for our weapons. We were not charged with anything and like ourmanthejoker said I will be persuing this matter.
    Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    I had two sips of beer, six french fries, and then got busted.
    Are you joking?

    What is the law in Nevada on alcohol consumption while carrying a gun?

    Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    129

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    I had two sips of beer, six french fries, and then got busted.
    Are you joking?

    What is the law in Nevada on alcohol consumption while carrying a gun?

    Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.
    Nevada Law says you can't be in possession of a firearm if your BAC is above 0.10%. http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRs/NRS-2...l#NRS202Sec257

    2 sips? I'd say they were within the law. That cop needs to get fired and sued. I'd press charges for theft.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The High Plains, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    134

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?
    Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    I had two sips of beer, six french fries, and then got busted.
    Are you joking?

    What is the law in Nevada on alcohol consumption while carrying a gun?

    Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.
    It doesn't appear to be a "joke." There is not much info posted here, but it certainly appears there was NO wrongdoing/unlawful activity (except by the cop.)

    How can you say "... set such a bad example"??? It appears these guys were doing NOTHING wrong. It is CERTAINLY lawful to have a beer while dining in Nevada - just don't exceed .1% BAC. It doesn't sound like they were engaged in unruly activity or anything of the kind. Obviously, no one recommends hanging out in bars and drinking while armed, but to have one beer with a meal is much different. (To be honest, I probably wouldn't do so while OC, but if these guys were completely lawful, then they have my support.)

    I do hope they will, at some juncture, disclose more detail. In the meantime, I hope they retain attorneys and fight city hall.

  20. #20
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834

    Post imported post

    Sheepdawg wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?
    Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence
    evidence for what crime that they were never charged with?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The High Plains, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    134

    Post imported post

    varminter22 wrote:

    It doesn't appear to be a "joke." There is not much info posted here, but it certainly appears there was NO wrongdoing/unlawful activity (except by the cop.)

    How can you say "... set such a bad example"??? It appears these guys were doing NOTHING wrong. It is CERTAINLY lawful to have a beer while dining in Nevada - just don't exceed .1% BAC. It doesn't sound like they were engaged in unruly activity or anything of the kind. Obviously, no one recommends hanging out in bars and drinking while armed, but to have one beer with a meal is much different. (To be honest, I probably wouldn't do so while OC, but if these guys were completely lawful, then they have my support.)

    I do hope they will, at some juncture, disclose more detail. In the meantime, I hope they retain attorneys and fight city hall.
    Its NO JOKE. None of us were over the limit or acting intoxicated. We were quiet and didn't bother anyone. We don't want to say much because we don't know how far we are going to take this.

    Add thanks for the support Varminter, its much needed.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The High Plains, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    134

    Post imported post

    DKSuddeth wrote:
    Sheepdawg wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?
    Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence
    evidence for what crime that they were never charged with?
    Like I said dude, words can not describe how pissed off I am.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927

    Post imported post

    Sheepdawg and Ourmanthejoker: I sent a priv msg to you two. Please respond!

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    varminter22 wrote:
    Sheepdawg and Ourmanthejoker: I sent a priv msg to you two. Please respond!
    Thanks Varm for coming to check this out.



    I too do not understand how they can hold the guns as they were not charged.



    Please let us know if we can write the police or city hall.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580

    Post imported post

    Sounds fair. I wish the best, it sounds like those who had firearms confiscated have a "case with legs." Good advice on the lawyer and the posting.

    Citizen wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?



    Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?
    No more info.

    He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •