• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

ourmanthejoker

imported post

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight, that was awesome. Good meet and greet guys. :cuss:

So you in the morning at lake mead and bruce.

I

inNV

imported post

You had your gun taken away at an OC event? What happened?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?

Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?

No more info.

He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.

Vegassteve

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

No more info.

He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.
Really? So you know what happened? You were there? There is no harm in explaining a little further. Maybe you need to look at the VA forum to see how somebody making a similar claim hijacked the forum and had members running to the media etc all on false info. You dont just post something like this fellow did and not give any info. That does none of us any good. We are the ones that live ere in Vegas and if something is up then we should be aware.

Vegassteve

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

No more info.

Really? So you know what happened? You were there? There is no harm in explaining a little further. Maybe you need to look at the VA forum to see how somebody making a similar claim hijacked the forum and had members running to the media etc all on false info. You dont just post something like this fellow did and not give any info. That does none of us any good. We are the ones that live ere in Vegas and if something is up then we should be aware.

I

inNV

imported post

I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?

Sheepdawg

imported post

inNV wrote:
I wouldn't say busted...as long as you did nothing wrong. Drinking is legal while carrying, so it couldn't be that. I agree with the previous poster, some more info would help us all...was it in NLV?
I was there and I was also busted. To keep this short and sweet the copknew absolutely nothing about the Nevada gun laws, examples: he told my roommate(whose gun was also taken with out permission or reason) that because he had a concealed carry permit he is not allowed to open carry and he was comitting a felony by doing so, he told me I'm not allowed to drink while carrying and that the law that says 0.10 does not exsist(he still made me take the breathilizer?), and he said state law does not preempt the N. Las Vegas law. This cop was a walking cliche of ignorance and words can not discribe how pissed off I am.:cuss:

Vegassteve

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
inNV wrote:
I was there and I was also busted. To keep this short and sweet the copknew absolutely nothing about the Nevada gun laws, examples: he told my roommate(whose gun was also taken with out permission or reason) that because he had a concealed carry permit he is not allowed to open carry and he was comitting a felony by doing so, he told me I'm not allowed to drink while carrying and that the law that says 0.10 does not exsist(he still made me take the breathilizer?), and he said state law does not preempt the N. Las Vegas law. This cop was a walking cliche of ignorance and words can not discribe how pissed off I am.:cuss:

Did someone call the cops? Was he already there?

Sheepdawg

imported post

The cop said management called them but we were never approached by management. The officer's name is burned into my brain after last night and we did not get reciepts for our weapons. We were not charged with anything and like ourmanthejoker said I will be persuing this matter.

Vegassteve

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
The cop said management called them but we were never approached by management. The officer's name is burned into my brain after last night and we did not get reciepts for our weapons. We were not charged with anything and like ourmanthejoker said I will be persuing this matter.
Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
I had two sips of beer, six french fries, and then got busted.
Are you joking?

What is the law in Nevada on alcohol consumption while carrying a gun?

Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.

AnakinsKid

imported post

Mike wrote:
ourmanthejoker wrote:
Are you joking?

Regardless, why would you want to set such a bad example? When you are OCing you should only do what you would feel comfortable doing while being photgraghed for the front page of the Washington Post.
Nevada Law says you can't be in possession of a firearm if your BAC is above 0.10%. http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRs/NRS-202.html#NRS202Sec257

2 sips? I'd say they were within the law. That cop needs to get fired and sued. I'd press charges for theft.

varminter22

imported post

Mike wrote:
ourmanthejoker wrote:
Are you joking?

It doesn't appear to be a "joke." There is not much info posted here, but it certainly appears there was NO wrongdoing/unlawful activity (except by the cop.)

How can you say "... set such a bad example"??? It appears these guys were doing NOTHING wrong. It is CERTAINLY lawful to have a beer while dining in Nevada - just don't exceed .1% BAC. It doesn't sound like they were engaged in unruly activity or anything of the kind. Obviously, no one recommends hanging out in bars and drinking while armed, but to have one beer with a meal is much different. (To be honest, I probably wouldn't do so while OC, but if these guys were completely lawful, then they have my support.)

I do hope they will, at some juncture, disclose more detail. In the meantime, I hope they retain attorneys and fight city hall.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?
Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence
evidence for what crime that they were never charged with?