• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

Sheepdawg

imported post

varminter22 wrote:

It doesn't appear to be a "joke." There is not much info posted here, but it certainly appears there was NO wrongdoing/unlawful activity (except by the cop.)

How can you say "... set such a bad example"??? It appears these guys were doing NOTHING wrong. It is CERTAINLY lawful to have a beer while dining in Nevada - just don't exceed .1% BAC. It doesn't sound like they were engaged in unruly activity or anything of the kind. Obviously, no one recommends hanging out in bars and drinking while armed, but to have one beer with a meal is much different. (To be honest, I probably wouldn't do so while OC, but if these guys were completely lawful, then they have my support.)

I do hope they will, at some juncture, disclose more detail. In the meantime, I hope they retain attorneys and fight city hall.

Its NO JOKE. None of us were over the limit or acting intoxicated. We were quiet and didn't bother anyone. We don't want to say much because we don't know how far we are going to take this.

Add thanks for the support Varminter, its much needed.

Sheepdawg

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

Have you been to the station to get your gun back? Have you talked to anyone at the station?
Talked to the station and they said it could be 3-5 days before the weapons are entered into evidence
evidence for what crime that they were never charged with?
Like I said dude, words can not describe how pissed off I am.

Vegassteve

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
Sheepdawg and Ourmanthejoker: I sent a priv msg to you two. Please respond!

Thanks Varm for coming to check this out.

I too do not understand how they can hold the guns as they were not charged.

Please let us know if we can write the police or city hall.

wrightme

imported post

Sounds fair. I wish the best, it sounds like those who had firearms confiscated have a "case with legs." Good advice on the lawyer and the posting.

Citizen wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
A little more info maybe? Why did you get "busted"?

Was anyone else "busted" at the meet and greet?

No more info.

He needs to talk to a lawyer and not post anything unless his lawyer approves it.

I

inNV

imported post

Wow, that is unbelievable. I do not understand how police do not know the laws, especially NLV police. who require you to have a CCW to go to the academy. I was told all this stuff in the class. This is what you call abuse of power, and I would not hesitate to sue..of course affording it is another matter. Good luck guys.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

I was told i'll be able to get my gun back tuesday. I'll be heading there early in the morning. Lake mead and bruce station opens at 9 am. I'm going to ask them to give me a reciept for the ammo they're stealing and i'm going to use it as a tax deduction.

hydras are a damn buck a bullet.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

I'm not exactly sure to be honest. But I would like to get a copy of the police cruiser tape, because what that lead cop was saying was just wrong. And he was just plain rude.

Darth Tater

imported post

I hate to jump in, but I cannot keep my mouth shut. I have been "lurking" on this post for a couple or three weeks now. Something else I would like to know, why was ourmanthejokers ammo confiscated? If he is carrying hydrashoks like his post says, those are legal for civilians to own/carry. I have Ranger SXT's in my G23, and some Black Talons I have had for 15 years in my G21. What gives the cop the right to augment their ammo supply at his expense? I am a little too close to this case, I happen to know one of the individuals (sheepdawg) personnally. I also know, he is responsible, and quite well versed in the laws. He is the one who got me onto this site in the first place.

Sheepdawg

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
I hate to jump in, but I cannot keep my mouth shut. I have been "lurking" on this post for a couple or three weeks now. Something else I would like to know, why was ourmanthejokers ammo confiscated? If he is carrying hydrashoks like his post says, those are legal for civilians to own/carry. I have Ranger SXT's in my G23, and some Black Talons I have had for 15 years in my G21. What gives the cop the right to augment their ammo supply at his expense? I am a little too close to this case, I happen to know one of the individuals (sheepdawg) personnally. I also know, he is responsible, and quite well versed in the laws. He is the one who got me onto this site in the first place.
They took our ammo with our guns and said when go and pick up our guns they probably will not return the ammo. Cop didn't say why, he just said thats usually the way they do it.

Darth Tater

imported post

REALLY??? I am a simple man, grew up in Arkansas, not used to big city ways. I thought that if you took something from someone, then didn't give it back, it was theft.

:shock:

Sheepdawg

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
REALLY??? I am a simple man, grew up in Arkansas, not used to big city ways. I thought that if you took something from someone, then didn't give it back, it was theft.

:shock:
words can not express the altitude of pissed off I am soaring at:cuss:

Jared

imported post

You need to sue, it's a slam dunk case. 42 USC 1983. Either sue and try to put them out on the street and take their house and car..... or you can sit there and be mad at a computer while they laugh about you at their police station.

The choice is yours.

Darth Tater

imported post

Varmint, I am saying that the ammo is legal, not illegal. Hydrashoks are available at any good gun store, or gun show. I want to know two things:

1) Why were these three law abiding citizensaccosted, detained, handcuffed, their weapons confiscated, and the weapons held for the last 36-48 hours.

2) Why aretheir weaponsbeing "logged into evidence"? No one has been charged with a crime. (To the best of my knowledge) Why isn't their ammoreturned with the weapons? If you take the weapons with the ammo, why can't you return the weapons with the ammo? Do they think they are going to make N Las Vegas safer if they just keep taking away our bullets, harassing us when we go out, and using other police state tactics? (Your papiz please. Your papiz are not in order. Can you step outside please.)

Sheepdawg

imported post

Jared wrote:
You need to sue, it's a slam dunk case. 42 USC 1983. Either sue and try to put them out on the street and take their house and car..... or you can sit there and be mad at a computer while they laugh about you at their police station.

The choice is yours.
I understand what your saying, but I don't want the tax payers money. I want my gun and ammo back, the officer to receive some sort of reprimand, and a formal apoligy. Maybe if I had been arrested my feelings would be different thats all I want.

Gordie

imported post

inNV wrote:
Wow, that is unbelievable. I do not understand how police do not know the laws, especially NLV police. who require you to have a CCW to go to the academy. I was told all this stuff in the class. This is what you call abuse of power, and I would not hesitate to sue..of course affording it is another matter. Good luck guys.

Gordie

imported post

inNV wrote:

Ignorance breeds contempt. Unfortunately, ignorance of gun laws among law enforcement is not uncommon. I have had an ongoing debate about the legality of a loaded handgun in a car with a former sheriff's deputy. Although he can't show where in the N.R.S. this is forbidden, he swears that it is illegal. If he were still on the force, and you were pulled over by him you could be in a similar situation.

Even more shocking to me is the lack of knowlege about firearms function and shooting skills possessed by many officers. I've heard more htan one police instructor lament the fact that most officers shoot only to qualify with their issued weapon. They seldom practice, or use non-issue weapons.

I've also noticed that the attitude toward armed citizens are influenced largely by the leadership of the particular agency. Here in Churchill Co. we have a pretty gun friendly environment, be it city or county. In Clark Co. this is not so much the case. Maybe because of the heavy Californian infuence.

Sheepdawg

imported post

Gordie wrote:

Even more shocking to me is the lack of knowlege about firearms function and shooting skills possessed by many officers.

I've also noticed that the attitude toward armed citizens are influenced largely by the leadership of the particular agency.

It took the officer about a minute to get my gun out of the SERPA holster

After everything the officer still said he believes citizens should carry guns:shock: