• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

ourmanthejoker

imported post

No, i'm in california at the moment getting a house and getting ready to start work. I wish i could afford one for something like this.

BigRayBonz

imported post

:cuss:NLVPD has a serious chip on their shoulders. They don't have a very large area to patrol so they don't have very much to do. It's no unusual to see 4 police vehicles involved in a traffic stop.

icode

imported post

BigRayBonz wrote:
:cuss:NLVPD has a serious chip on their shoulders. They don't have a very large area to patrol so they don't have very much to do. It's no unusual to see 4 police vehicles involved in a traffic stop.
You're kidding right? Most serious crime happens in NLV, I'd say they have plenty to do, if they'd just do it. Certainly they have better things to do than harrass LAC!

BoomBoom

imported post

:arrow:It's really simple.......If you did not get a Citationorif you weren't Arrested and they took yourfirearm, w/o a receipt, the next step would be a Lawyer. If this happened to several law abiding individuals I would be thinking a Class Action suit against everyone from the officer up to the top of the ladder for allowing this to happen. There has to be someone either in the NRA legal department or local attorney that would take the case. I wish you all the best with this and will keep track of your progress.

Vegassteve

imported post

2things

First I wish we had more current info. It would be nice to help out those of us who carry around town. I understand the NRA might be involved, but do not understand why so secretive about it all.

Second. Why have none of the news media been alerted to a possible violation of rights? If this was a black man who was made to sit at the back of the bus the media would be all over it.

Darth Tater

imported post

I am not arguing the fact that the media SHOULD be all over it. The only problem is, well, there are a lot of people who have moved here from Kalifornia, and they are used to only criminals having guns, and they think we are crazy for wanting to open carry. They havementally given up rights for safety, and therefore deserve neither.

I also talked to an LT from NLV PD, and they are starting to get the picture. He told me that his officers are being briefed that the NLV statute is no longerenforceable, and if they are bringingsomeonein for violation of that statute, not to bother. He knows that they are not going to win in court, andif they detain, arrest, and charge the individual, they are opening themselves up for a lawsuit by said individualbecause the city is inviolation of the State preemption statute.

BTW: I have been told that Henderson has dropped their statute from the books because of the preemption statute, and hopefully NLV will do the same. We will see.

Tony Stark:They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

varminter22

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
I also talked to an LT from NLV PD, and they are starting to get the picture. He told me that his officers are being briefed that the NLV statute is no longerenforceable, and if they are bringingsomeonein for violation of that statute, not to bother. He knows that they are not going to win in court, andif they detain, arrest, and charge the individual, they are opening themselves up for a lawsuit by said individualbecause the city is inviolation of the State preemption statute.

BTW: I have been told that Henderson has dropped their statute from the books because of the preemption statute, and hopefully NLV will do the same. We will see.
That is great news.

I hear the NLV Mayor is very good.

It is about time the NLVPD and City Attorney (and others) get on board with state law!

Vegassteve

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
I am not arguing the fact that the media SHOULD be all over it. The only problem is, well, there are a lot of people who have moved here from Kalifornia, and they are used to only criminals having guns, and they think we are crazy for wanting to open carry. They havementally given up rights for safety, and therefore deserve neither.

Tony Stark:They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

All great news. Thanks for getting back to us. I did not know Henderson was a issue I thought it was Boulder City that did?

BoomBoom

imported post

This pissed me off and I wasn't even there or involved!:cuss: I sent a link to Channel 4 news hear in Reno since we are soooo close to Carson City. There are a lot of 2nd Amendment lovers up here too. Maybe others would send the link to all of the elected officials and ask them why this is being allowed, don't forget the Mayor of NLV.

This is easy to do and you only have to write it up once in Word, Word Perfect and cut and paste it to your email that you send to the official. I am going to start this tomorrow and send it everyday until I hear thatsomething is being done. Can you all just imagine what 100-200 emails a day would do sent to every TV station and elected official. Somebody will start talking and maybe even get National coverage.

WRITE YOUR EMAILS AND SEND THEM OUT EVERYDAY. COPY, PASTE AND SEND...... make it happen.

ps. There are a lot of X- "Kalifornians" up here that did not bring that "ideology" with them when moving out of that country. That is one of the reasons we got out of there when we could.

Darth Tater

imported post

I agree that we should contact our elected officials. I was not involved in the original incident, I am following from the sidelines. Oh, yeah, I also have the camcorder charged, and in the car in the event I get stopped by a LEO. Just in case. I also agree that there are a lot of X-Kalifornians who got out while the getting was good. The reason that the individuals have not sued the City of NLV is quite simple. Lawyers cost money. This is a case thatseemslike aslam dunk, but at the same time, all three of the individuals involved are enlisted members in the military. They really don't have the money to sue. At the same time, if they HAD been arrested, a public defender with a D- average could have them out, andon thestreetspretty quickly. This has not been forgotten, trust me. Sheepdawg STILL wants his ammo back. He is STILL mad about this.

I live in neither Boulder City or Henderson. I thought Henderson was the issue. Either way, I was told by my CCW instructor that it was being dropped. He is also an instructor at the Boulder City PD Academy, so he IS up to speed on the law, since he has to teach it. If you want his number, gove me a shout, he is a really good instructor and has several courses you might want to look into.

Tony Stark:
They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

FLR&@

imported post

New to this blog. Glad you guys got your guns back and thank you for serving our country.

As a taxpayer you have my permission to take my tax money. I would rather give it to a group of underpaid solders than have it spent on some of the other useless things that is done with it.

FYI this may have been resolved already but when I registered my gun in Henderson in June I was told, by a officer, I was able to O.C. with gun on my hip and no other way. I.E. duct taped to my head stapled to my a#$.

varminter22

imported post

FLR72 wrote:
FYI this may have been resolved already but when I registered my gun in Henderson in June I was told, by a officer, I was able to O.C. with gun on my hip and no other way. I.E. duct taped to my head stapled to my a#$.
Well, you were told WRONG/BAD info by that officer.

There are many ways to carry concealed, including cross draw, shoulder,etc. type holsters - and they are LAWFUL.

If a law enforcement officer really told you that, I would suggest you contact his Sheriff/Chief so they can train him properly.

FLR&@

imported post

The officer was refering to Open Carry not Concealed Carry and yes he did tell me that.

varminter22

imported post

FLR72 wrote:
The officer was refering to Open Carry not Concealed Carry and yes he did tell me that.
Well, again, he was WRONG.

There is nothing to prevent you from OC, even if you havea CCW permit.

That LEO should be corrected before he disseminates further incorrect information and/or unlawfully hassles someone.

BoomBoom

imported post

Has anyone emailed this link / blog to the Sheriff or Chief of the department (s) involved??? Maybe all of the departments in the area might benefit knowing how pissed off the general population of "Legal Law Abiding Gun Owners" are.They might be willing to correct a wrong before it gets anymore press. I will be sending this to all the LV local media if you all don't disagree.

FLR&@

imported post

I only posted this “story” because there might be someone who would just rather avoid any problems or harassment, whether the police arewright or wrong, and have a nice evening with there wife or girlfriend ect.

As for your correction of the officer he was the desk sergeant on duty June 16[suP]th[/suP] 2008 @ mid day at the Green Valley station in Henderson. Feel free to contact him with your concerns.