Thread: Churches

Post imported post

Okay, going simply by the letter of Louisiana "law", is it or is it not legal to OC into a church where there is no school of any sort within a couple miles?

Post imported post

Don't know about OC but can't CC with a CHP

Post imported post

That's all i wanted to hear.

Post imported post

OC in a church is GTG all day long.

Post imported post

This is assuming, of course, that the church allows weapons. Private property owners have the right to restrict carry.

I have a feeling that my local Roman Catholic parish would not be friendly to me walking in packing heat...it's sad, but the American Church leadership is very liberal these days.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Post imported post

I have asked my pastor a couple of times now. I'm still waiting for a real reply. He's not the best at answering emails and such.

(that is not insult, he's admitted to it)

Post imported post

Hmm MEM, I will have to mention that to him tomorrow. Currently Father Gary's policy toward me is no OCing of a firearm on Church grounds.

Would be difficult for me anyways, since I would have to park on church property, which only has 10 parking spots. since any other parking space nearby I am either on campus, and can sure as hell not carry there, or I will have to cross a street to get to the church, thereby violating the 1,000 ft from a school rule. (The 1,000 foot does not apply on ANY type of private property, including Churches or businesses, not just residences)

Post imported post

Well, I'm atheist so I don't go to churchs often but when I do visit them for things such as weddings or funerals I always conceal carry. A few years back I was the best man in a friends wedding in Hammond. I conceal carried a 9mm, the groom had his snubby .38 and all of the groomsmen had concealed weapons under their tuxes. I'm not trusing my safety to anyone but myself. Churches are no safer than any other place. Banning guns in them makes no sense and I will continue to ignore any bad law which puts my life in danger.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

Good question, OP.
    If someone can find the law that states we can OC in churches I would be quite grateful. (Other than the private property thing, which I will ask my priest about.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

On a side, and a completely unrelated note:
    Has anyone else ever felt like if someone came into their place of worship with a weapon and intent to kill, that you would be completely unprotected?
    Even as a little kid I always imagined how that situation would go. I mean, mind you that there are noble people who would probably attack an armed gunman, but even then, how safe could you be?
    I've always felt I needed more protection in my church.
    (This is pretty dumb so it's ok if you ignore it... Lol.)

Post imported post

Good point.

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Well, I'm atheist so I don't go to churchs often but when I do visit them for things such as weddings or funerals I always conceal carry. A few years back I was the best man in a friends wedding in Hammond. I conceal carried a 9mm, the groom had his snubby .38 and all of the groomsmen had concealed weapons under their tuxes. I'm not trusing my safety to anyone but myself. Churches are no safer than any other place. Banning guns in them makes no sense and I will continue to ignore any bad law which puts my life in danger.
    I hope you're speaking theoretically, of course. I wouldn't want to think someone was confessing to violating a state law on an open forum.