• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone know details re arrests of 2 men with guns on Dannville college campus?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I wonder what the 2d student was charged with as gun carry is lawful on college campuses.

--

http://www.godanriver.com/gdr/news/...le_editorials/article/no_guns_on_campus/7184/

No one could blame Danville Community College students, teachers and
staff for being concerned about two incidents on campus involving guns
last month.

“It was really scary because it just happened a couple of weeks ago,”
DCC student Christie Stanley said of the campus-wide lockdown and police
presence.

The South Main Street campus was locked down Wednesday after Danville
police received a report that someone with a gun was heading toward the
school with the intent to harm another person.

Two men were arrested, including one DCC student. No shots were fired,
and classes had resumed by mid-afternoon.

In the previous incident, a DCC student was seen by another student with
a gun on campus. That suspect has also been charged.

kf4uel@yahoo.com

imported post

Holy Flippin Flatcakes batman-- I was there about mid-day on my way to buggs island for the weekend.... I had to wonder what all the DCC stickers were on peoples bumpers....

I heard the mention of the college on the scanner later after idstopped at a gas station just off 57 beside the college.. Its a good thing id made the decision to carry concealed, then again we may have had an interesting forum post.