• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got my new toy.

IrRelevant

imported post

Found a SA-XD .45 GAPTactical for 375.Like new 5" with holster. Hasnt been owned long at all and less then 200 rounds thru it.:) Ill post pics when i get home, im at work right thisminute.

IrRelevant

imported post

lol, its just something to play with. I like it, expensive as sh*t for ammo, but i found a spot online to get it cheap. Shoots like a dream. Sighted it in at 7 yards, and from there just played around 10 and so forth. Its a nice piece, and i got the gun, holster,2 boxes of range shot, and a box of Federal self defense rounds all for 375. Its brand new and only been shot once.

Just couldnt pass it up.

opusd2

imported post

I've owned an XD-40 for a VERY long time now and have run a lot of rounds through it and find it to be one of the most accurate handguns I own. One of my favorites too. Very reliable.

Longhorn Fan

imported post

I don't know much about the .45 GAP except that the ammunition is pretty expensive and not all that readily available - typical of proprietary ammunition (.357 Sig falls into this category, as well as a few rifle cartridges). I own two Glocks (17 & 21), so I know that the gun itself is pretty reliable (10,000 + cops cannot be wrong). Depending upon your experience with handguns, a revolver might have been a better choice. Glocks are known to be tempermental and sometimes to jam if not held correctly. Anyway, have fun with your new heater and practice, practice, practice. Be safe.

IrRelevant

imported post

Longhorn Fan wrote:
I don't know much about the .45 GAP except that the ammunition is pretty expensive and not all that readily available - typical of proprietary ammunition (.357 Sig falls into this category, as well as a few rifle cartridges). I own two Glocks (17 & 21), so I know that the gun itself is pretty reliable (10,000 + cops cannot be wrong). Depending upon your experience with handguns, a revolver might have been a better choice. Glocks are known to be tempermental and sometimes to jam if not held correctly. Anyway, have fun with your new heater and practice, practice, practice. Be safe.

I own and carry a Glock 27, i shoot the xd .45 for fun, have only carried it once, and i also own a S&W Old school J frame Snubnose .38revolver. Very beautiful gun, blue is mint, and i treat her well.

PS. Have only had my glock jam on me once and that was last night, my spring pooped the bed. :)