Thread: Black Talon SXT

Post imported post

Post imported post

First, he was carrying a Glock.

The caliber and load used can easily be defend by a knowledgeable attorney.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I've never heard any credible account of someone getting in trouble based on the type of ammo they used, as long as it was legal to have in the first place. If you dope rounds with cyanide, you might have a problem, but otherwise, either a situation involves justifiable use of force (self-defense) or it doesn't. If I'm wrong, please give a specific citation.

-ljp

Post imported post

If it's a good shoot, it's not even likely that using handloads will cause you serious trouble. It's possible, but very unlikely.

Using unaltered factory ammunition should be no trouble at all.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Deanimator wrote:
    If it's a good shoot, it's not even likely that using handloads will cause you serious trouble. It's possible, but very unlikely.

Using unaltered factory ammunition should be no trouble at all.
    It shouldn't be a problem, but Black Talons shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Completely off topic, but I was just talking to my dad a few days ago, and he was telling me about making a killing off of BT's when the whole "evil cop killer round" scandal came about. He was watching the evening news when the story was announced, and immediately drove down to the gun store and bought ever box they had. It wasn't two days later the owner of the store (him and my dad are good friends) was on the phone with my dad offering twice what dad payed. Everyone just had to have them.

Post imported post

Off topic... I got my box of BT's for free

Post imported post

I Carry BT's in my .45 and my .40 usually .... I too have several boxes ... you can still find 'em on some sites .... expensive as hell ... but they can be found.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
    I Carry BT's in my .45 and my .40 usually .... I too have several boxes ... you can still find 'em on some sites .... expensive as hell ... but they can be found.

I have ten rounds of .40S&W SOMEWHERE...
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

heres what the transcripts say....

Fish was grilled about whether the Kimber 10mm was one of the “most powerful” guns that he owned.

He was asked about the written training materials that he received when he took a concealed weapons course.

The admission of Lucien Haag’s testimony regarding the Kimber handgun and its 10mm ammunition was erroneous. State v. Gendron, 168

(black talons)

if you remember, winchester took them off the market VOLUNTARILY.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Gentlemen, I respectfully suggest you all read a lot more of Massad Ayoob's writings in Combat Handguns, and a few of his books. If you live in an area which has a prosecuting attorney who is known to have a hard-on about guns, you can bet he may be of a mind to find whatever he can to nail you to the cross.

And then there are the litigation lawyers after that is over.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
    (black talons)

if you remember, winchester took them off the market VOLUNTARILY.

True, but the reason was they were getting publicly crucified over them. Business-wise, they really didn't have an option.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

I believe the SXTs are now called the T-Series and there is a cheaper Ranger JHP.

I don't know how much better the T ones are but they are about twice the price of the JHP...