• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black Talon SXT

Marco

imported post

First, he was carrying a Glock.

The caliber and load used can easily be defend by a knowledgeable attorney.

Legba

imported post

I've never heard any credible account of someone getting in trouble based on the type of ammo they used, as long as it was legal to have in the first place. If you dope rounds with cyanide, you might have a problem, but otherwise, either a situation involves justifiable use of force (self-defense) or it doesn't. If I'm wrong, please give a specific citation.

-ljp

Deanimator

imported post

If it's a good shoot, it's not even likely that using handloads will cause you serious trouble. It's possible, but very unlikely.

Using unaltered factory ammunition should be no trouble at all.

FogRider

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
If it's a good shoot, it's not even likely that using handloads will cause you serious trouble. It's possible, but very unlikely.

Using unaltered factory ammunition should be no trouble at all.
It shouldn't be a problem, but Black Talons shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Completely off topic, but I was just talking to my dad a few days ago, and he was telling me about making a killing off of BT's when the whole "evil cop killer round" scandal came about. He was watching the evening news when the story was announced, and immediately drove down to the gun store and bought ever box they had. It wasn't two days later the owner of the store (him and my dad are good friends) was on the phone with my dad offering twice what dad payed. Everyone just had to have them.

Springfield45

imported post

I Carry BT's in my .45 and my .40 usually .... I too have several boxes ... you can still find 'em on some sites .... expensive as hell ... but they can be found.

Deanimator

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
I Carry BT's in my .45 and my .40 usually .... I too have several boxes ... you can still find 'em on some sites .... expensive as hell ... but they can be found.
I have ten rounds of .40S&W SOMEWHERE...

Hiredgun30

imported post

heres what the transcripts say....

Fish was grilled about whether the Kimber 10mm was one of the “most powerful” guns that he owned.

He was asked about the written training materials that he received when he took a concealed weapons course.

The admission of Lucien Haag’s testimony regarding the Kimber handgun and its 10mm ammunition was erroneous. State v. Gendron, 168

(black talons)

if you remember, winchester took them off the market VOLUNTARILY.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Gentlemen, I respectfully suggest you all read a lot more of Massad Ayoob's writings in Combat Handguns, and a few of his books. If you live in an area which has a prosecuting attorney who is known to have a hard-on about guns, you can bet he may be of a mind to find whatever he can to nail you to the cross.

And then there are the litigation lawyers after that is over.

FogRider

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
(black talons)

if you remember, winchester took them off the market VOLUNTARILY.
True, but the reason was they were getting publicly crucified over them. Business-wise, they really didn't have an option.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

I believe the SXTs are now called the T-Series and there is a cheaper Ranger JHP.

I don't know how much better the T ones are but they are about twice the price of the JHP...