• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I've got my Koch and it ain't to joke !

VaGunTrader

imported post

Picked up my first semi-auto OC pistol. After buying a PPK/S for concealing I decided to buy a OC pistol that wasnt like my large revolvers.

I bought a Heckler & Koch USP compact .40s&w.

NIB for $625. Seller also has a Colt AR15 A3 NIB unfired w/receipt for $1190 if anyones interested, just let me know.

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Why so rusty? What is with all the scratches on the right side? I would strip that down all the way and clean every part with a nice solvent and some kind of light abrasive pad then lube all moving parts and reassemble. make sure the barrel is really clean too

Krato88

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Why so rusty? What is with all the scratches on the right side? I would strip that down all the way and clean every part with a nice solvent and some kind of light abrasive pad then lube all moving parts and reassemble. make sure the barrel is really clean too
Ditto

NIB?? for $625? ouch.

Pins look rusted too. But yeah definitely a full on strip down/lube/clean job is in order (would suspect the NIB aspect of the sale if there is anything but a flawless gun in there).

richarcm

imported post

Yeah, you might go back to the seller and ask him/her about the rust. That is either not NIB or it has been sitting for a long time. I am not trying to criticize the gun but for $625 you can get a nice new Glock. I bought my Taurus 1911 for about $600. If you are happy with it then try to clean it up. Otherwise I'd take it back or at least ask for the seller to provide a partial discount. No new gun should ever have rust on it.

VaGunTrader

imported post

had it out yesterday doing some shooting and ATV riding. Got back late yesterday and havent had time to clean it yet, BUT.... Its not rusty. Perhaps the picture came out looking that way, which it does look bad but I just wiped it with some tissue and wiped the spots away and the tissue is spotless....I guess the camera/flash is playing tricks with us.

VaGunTrader

imported post

richarcm wrote:
Yeah, you might go back to the seller and ask him/her about the rust. That is either not NIB or it has been sitting for a long time. I am not trying to criticize the gun but for $625 you can get a nice new Glock. I bought my Taurus 1911 for about $600. If you are happy with it then try to clean it up. Otherwise I'd take it back or at least ask for the seller to provide a partial discount. No new gun should ever have rust on it.
He did have it at his home for a time, and did have it oiled down. Those spotson the pictures do look like a rust color but wiped off with no color on the tissue.

Krato88

imported post

trx680 wrote:
richarcm wrote:
He did have it at his home for a time, and did have it oiled down. Those spotson the pictures do look like a rust color but wiped off with no color on the tissue.
Hmm maybe some sort of packing grease then. Anyways, glad its not rusted - enjoy!

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's a nice pistol trx680. I've CCed that same pistol since 2002. It's very reliable, easy to reacquire a good sight picture quickly andTHE most comfortable handgun I've ever fired for my medium sized hands, even for my weak side hand ( and I tested alot of different handguns before selecting it. )Also I like the decocking feature to put the hammer flush for CC. I don't mind the first trigger pull being a little longer than the follow ups.

I'm so ready for Texas to get OC so it can get some fresh air. Also it's quite happy in a Serpa. Thanks for the pix.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

I had some pictures of my Model 10B shotgun here and when they were posted it certainly looked like rust. Same as yours, it was just a trick of the lighting. Still, I'm going to take another pic because I Hate people thinking I'd allow my 10B to become rusted.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I had the chance last night to handle the same H&K that you have last night and I did like it a lot. The SA/DA messed me up though since I am a Glock man myself:lol:
So carry it like a 1911...cocked and locked. Dispense with that SA/DA disparity.