Thread: Funny TV Clip about gun control

Post imported post

This is avery funny but seriousclipabout Gun Control. I have the file in .wmv form too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AYG4y5et5g

Post imported post

Now THAT... was brilliant.....
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

That's pretty funny. What I'd really like ti know iswhere that came from. I see it all over the net, but no explanation on where it came from.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    That's pretty funny. What I'd really like ti know iswhere that came from. I see it all over the net, but no explanation on where it came from.
    A "Law and Order" type show, although I forget which one.

I believe the character name is "Denny Crane." Ought to be enough to figure out which show...

ETA: Boston Legal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Crane

And he's about the most stereo-typed "gun owner" character that any anti could possibly imagine.

Post imported post

Boston Legal couple weeks back

Funny ass episode!

Post imported post

I believe this clip is from an episode of Boston Legal.

Post imported post

Well executed.

Post imported post

Knee, Left foot, right foot.

Banned

Post imported post

this has been posted about 10x.

Post imported post

I think this one says it all. This needs to be sent to Obama to make him think twice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YTM...eature=related

This one inst bad either, although a bit tongue in cheek.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L3kMuN8sjk

Is this the future for the US?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmrqT...eature=related

And last but not least, the answer to all our prayers for safety....The GUN FREE ZONE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0vyx...eature=related

Post imported post

that's pretty funny.

Post imported post

NetRanger wrote:
    This is avery funny but seriousclipabout Gun Control. I have the file in .wmv form too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AYG4y5et5g

Everyone at my office loved it....thank you.

Could you post the file in .wmv, so I could actually have a copy of it. My phone doesn't play flash and I could show it to friends from my phone.

Post imported post

Code:
    [size=Let me guess, most of you that are fighting so hard for this open carry ability ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=were either not able to make the sports team in high school, your mother didn't][/size]
    Code:
    [size=hug you enough, your girlfriend (if you had one) left you for the popular guy or you][/size]
    Code:
    [size=got beat up a lot in school.][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Can someone please give me an HONEST and rational reason why you think this is so][/size]
    Code:
    [size=important. I recently had one of your minion actually equate it to Rosa Parks. He][/size]
    Code:
    [size=seriously compared the "right" to carry a handgun openly to the civil ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=rights movement. I have to admit that it was by far, one of the most ignorant things][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I have heard in some time. This moron's only other response was "because][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I can". That would have to clearly be the second most ignorant thing I have][/size]
    Code:
    [size=heard in some time.][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Please, please, please tell me that the rest of you are not that ignorant. If in][/size]
    Code:
    [size=fact you are, than I am absolutely terrified of your group. In fact I'm so terrified][/size]
    Code:
    [size=that maybe I should get my pistol and strap it on my side and show everyone how ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=bad I am. Let everyone know that you had better not come close to me or start any][/size]
    Code:
    [size=problems because I am so afraid of my own shadow, that if pushed to the limit][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I will gladly pull this gun and use it. ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I have seem some of you fearless, courageous super heros carrying openly in very][/size]
    Code:
    [size=rural areas and in grocery and department stores in my community. Wow does that ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=ever make me feel safe that your untrained, fat, out of shape, chain smoking, beer][/size]
    Code:
    [size=swilling asses are the new Guardian Angels of Michigan. I also find in curious that][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I NEVER see any of you carrying openly in Detroit, Flint or Pontiac......huh, I ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=wonder why that is? Maybe its a little out of your safety zone and you wont be able][/size]
    Code:
    [size=to intimidate people there. And for christ sakes do any of you retards practice weapon retention....duh.][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Its organizations like this that bring about gun control. Now with a new President][/size]
    Code:
    [size=in office who has the party affiliation of known gun haters, I'm sure we'll][/size]
    Code:
    [size=all be able to thank you fine upstanding citizens for bringing attention to yourselves][/size]
    Code:
    [size=and making this an issue of "control". ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Let me close in saying this....HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE][/size]
    Code:
    [size=GUN I HAVE ON MY SIDE. HEY EVERYBODY DONT COME TO CLOSE OR START ANY PROBLEMS WITH][/size]
    [size=ME OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. HEY EVERYBODY, AINT I COOL.][/size]

Post imported post

Code:
    [size=Let me guess, most of you that are fighting so hard for this open carry ability ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=were either not able to make the sports team in high school, your mother didn't][/size]
    Code:
    [size=hug you enough, your girlfriend (if you had one) left you for the popular guy or you][/size]
    Code:
    [size=got beat up a lot in school.][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Can someone please give me an HONEST and rational reason why you think this is so][/size]
    Code:
    [size=important. I recently had one of your minion actually equate it to Rosa Parks. He][/size]
    Code:
    [size=seriously compared the "right" to carry a handgun openly to the civil ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=rights movement. I have to admit that it was by far, one of the most ignorant things][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I have heard in some time. This moron's only other response was "because][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I can". That would have to clearly be the second most ignorant thing I have][/size]
    Code:
    [size=heard in some time.][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Please, please, please tell me that the rest of you are not that ignorant. If in][/size]
    Code:
    [size=fact you are, than I am absolutely terrified of your group. In fact I'm so terrified][/size]
    Code:
    [size=that maybe I should get my pistol and strap it on my side and show everyone how ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=bad I am. Let everyone know that you had better not come close to me or start any][/size]
    Code:
    [size=problems because I am so afraid of my own shadow, that if pushed to the limit][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I will gladly pull this gun and use it. ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I have seem some of you fearless, courageous super heros carrying openly in very][/size]
    Code:
    [size=rural areas and in grocery and department stores in my community. Wow does that ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=ever make me feel safe that your untrained, fat, out of shape, chain smoking, beer][/size]
    Code:
    [size=swilling asses are the new Guardian Angels of Michigan. I also find in curious that][/size]
    Code:
    [size=I NEVER see any of you carrying openly in Detroit, Flint or Pontiac......huh, I ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=wonder why that is? Maybe its a little out of your safety zone and you wont be able][/size]
    Code:
    [size=to intimidate people there. And for christ sakes do any of you retards practice weapon retention....duh.][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Its organizations like this that bring about gun control. Now with a new President][/size]
    Code:
    [size=in office who has the party affiliation of known gun haters, I'm sure we'll][/size]
    Code:
    [size=all be able to thank you fine upstanding citizens for bringing attention to yourselves][/size]
    Code:
    [size=and making this an issue of "control". ][/size]
    Code:
    [size=][/size]
    Code:
    [size=Let me close in saying this....HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE][/size]
    Code:
    [size=GUN I HAVE ON MY SIDE. HEY EVERYBODY DONT COME TO CLOSE OR START ANY PROBLEMS WITH][/size]
    [size=ME OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. HEY EVERYBODY, AINT I COOL.][/size]

Post imported post

areyouserious

While there are most certainly those who open carry for the myriad of reason which you state, (fear, the thrill, overcompensation, ect.) The reason for the movement remains the same.

My personal take:
    To desensitize Americans to the public presence of firearms, responsibly carried by law abiding citizens, and helping to educate by example of that right being observed lawfully, that an armed populace is a safer populace.

Personally, I choose to CC anytime that I think it would cause undue attention and risk of conflict, such as in crowded markets (shoulder to shoulder standing or walking like Pike Place Market) or where the presence of children outnumber the presence of adults (such as a public playground, park or "child themed" business).

This is not to say that I am in any way against others exercising their legal right to do so if they so choose. It is only to say that I reserve the right to decide for myself what is appropriate, and respectfully suggest to others my opinion if they choose to carry in such circumstances. (It never hurts to ask)

My belief is that the OC movement and those that support it must remember to do more good in the public view of guns, then harm, and that includes the judicious application of the "self check method" by asking oneself, "Am I really choosing to open carry in this situiation for my and others protection, or for my own ego."

IMHO

Post imported post

areyouserious[ly] incapable of previewing your post before you post up that formatting nightmare. I started trying to read it and just gave up before I get a headache. Try re-posting in a comprehendible form and I'll try reading it and responding appropriately to whatever it is you were saying.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    SNIP and responding appropriately to whatever it is you were saying.
    There really is only one appropriate response.

Invite him to use the search tool on "why" and "OC."

He'll either understand or he won't; calm down or won't.

We get these type of posts from time to time. One thing I've noticed is that the person who starts off on a rant is usually so narrow-minded/constricted in his emotional thinking that they are difficult to have around. Even after extensive explanation they revert to type, or find a new subject to be indignant about, for example standing up for rights to LEO's when we "should support them in all things and be respectful out of the deep sel-fless service they give us."

Think about it for a moment and compare to other ways a disbeliever might approach it. We get those who justask about OC, give out their concerns, but omit all the rant. We also get those who lurk for sometimes ages before posting some disagreement. Lots of polite, civilized ways to do it without ranting on the first post. It really highlites the ranters to compare in this way.

I recommend justleading themto the water and letting them decide whether to drink. Save yourself a lot of effort and explanation time making friends with someone who might be just another JohnnyB-level hot-head who can't control his emotional thinking long enough to be tolerable to have around.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

In the interest of freedom of speech, and to save my fellow OC.org members from trying to read that:

Let me guess, most of you that are fighting so hard for this open carry ability were either not able to make the sports team in high school, your mother didn't hug you enough, your girlfriend (if you had one) left you for the popular guy or you got beat up a lot in school.
    Can someone please give me an HONEST and rational reason why you think this is so important. I recently had one of your minion actually equate it to Rosa Parks. He seriously compared the "right" to carry a handgun openly to the civil rights movement. I have to admit that it was by far, one of the most ignorant things have heard in some time. This moron's only other response was "because I can". That would have to clearly be the second most ignorant thing I have heard in some time.
    Please, please, please tell me that the rest of you are not that ignorant. If in fact you are, than I am absolutely terrified of your group. In fact I'm so terrified that maybe I should get my pistol and strap it on my side and show everyone how ad I am. Let everyone know that you had better not come close to me or start any problems because I am so afraid of my own shadow, that if pushed to the limit will gladly pull this gun and use it.
    I have seem some of you fearless, courageous super heros carrying openly in very rural areas and in grocery and department stores in my community. Wow does that ver make me feel safe that your untrained, fat, out of shape, chain smoking, beer swilling asses are the new Guardian Angels of Michigan. I also find in curious that I NEVER see any of you carrying openly in Detroit, Flint or Pontiac......huh, I wonder why that is? Maybe its a little out of your safety zone and you wont be able to intimidate people there. And for christ sakes do any of you retards practice weapon retention....duh.
    Its organizations like this that bring about gun control. Now with a new President n office who has the party affiliation of known gun haters, I'm sure we'll all be able to thank you fine upstanding citizens for bringing attention to yourselves and making this an issue of "control".
    Let me close in saying this....HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE GUN I HAVE ON MY SIDE. HEY EVERYBODY DONT COME TO CLOSE OR START ANY PROBLEMS WITH ME OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. HEY EVERYBODY, AINT I COOL.
    If I respond to the actual substance in your rant, my response is that we take carrying openly very seriously. Weapon retention, situational awareness, and public safety are paramount considerations. As to why we carry, there are plenty of posts on this forum that express it better than I could. I invite you to invest some time to read them before creating a stream of consciousness anti-OC post that makes you look foolish and immature. I'd also invite you to visit the Michigan forum. A rational post there would provide answers on Michigan open carry questions.

Post imported post

I don't mind attempting to calm the emotional waters with calculated logic from time to time. If they drink, all the better, if not, its not because I didn't try.

When posters come out of nowhere like that and post a semi rant, its normally due to a knee jerk reaction they had to the topic. Let them cool down, consider a bit of logic and re-consider their own words.

Besides, not all of his rant was untrue. The pro OC gun movement does attract its share of wack jobs, including a few that probably shouldn't be let near a firearm. I suppose that's true with any movement based on strong beliefs though. :?

Regardless of the few, the many will show in the end that the idea is sound and safe.

Post imported post

Thanks for cleaning up that mess, Dom.

Citizen, now that Dom has made the rant as readable as it can be without pulling out the red editing pen, I can see your point above. Any rant that starts with "you bunch of so and so's who's mommies didn't hold them enough" is not worthy of the responding time. I'm sure it will prove to be another hit and run troll.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Whoever that person is they came in and simply reposted the same thing in several forums and left.

Kind of like a criminal would do. . .

Commit the crime and run like a coward and repeat as long as they get away with it. I bet he didn't get away with it...so now we will see no more of him/her.