• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny TV Clip about gun control

shad0wfax

imported post

That's pretty funny. What I'd really like ti know iswhere that came from. I see it all over the net, but no explanation on where it came from.

grishnav

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
That's pretty funny. What I'd really like ti know iswhere that came from. I see it all over the net, but no explanation on where it came from.
A "Law and Order" type show, although I forget which one.

I believe the character name is "Denny Crane." Ought to be enough to figure out which show...

ETA: Boston Legal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Crane

And he's about the most stereo-typed "gun owner" character that any anti could possibly imagine.

FMCDH

Sheriff

imported post

I never saw that ending coming! Great stuff! :lol:

But seriously, I don't advocate shooting somebody over a watch and wallet. But the question always remains, will the bad guy shoot you after getting the watches and wallets. Real bad situation to be in. Damned if you do shoot him, damned if you don't and he shoots you at the conclusion of the robbery.

areyouserious

imported post

Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Let me guess, most of you that are fighting so hard for this open carry ability ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=were either not able to make the sports team in high school, your mother didn't][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=hug you enough, your girlfriend (if you had one) left you for the popular guy or you][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=got beat up a lot in school.][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Can someone please give me an HONEST and rational reason why you think this is so][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=important. I recently had one of your minion actually equate it to Rosa Parks. He][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=seriously compared the "right" to carry a handgun openly to the civil ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=rights movement. I have to admit that it was by far, one of the most ignorant things][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I have heard in some time. This moron's only other response was "because][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I can". That would have to clearly be the second most ignorant thing I have][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=heard in some time.][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Please, please, please tell me that the rest of you are not that ignorant. If in][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=fact you are, than I am absolutely terrified of your group. In fact I'm so terrified][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=that maybe I should get my pistol and strap it on my side and show everyone how ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=bad I am. Let everyone know that you had better not come close to me or start any][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=problems because I am so afraid of my own shadow, that if pushed to the limit][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I will gladly pull this gun and use it. ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I have seem some of you fearless, courageous super heros carrying openly in very][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=rural areas and in grocery and department stores in my community. Wow does that ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=ever make me feel safe that your untrained, fat, out of shape, chain smoking, beer][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=swilling asses are the new Guardian Angels of Michigan. I also find in curious that][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I NEVER see any of you carrying openly in Detroit, Flint or Pontiac......huh, I ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=wonder why that is? Maybe its a little out of your safety zone and you wont be able][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=to intimidate people there. And for christ sakes do any of you retards practice weapon retention....duh.][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Its organizations like this that bring about gun control. Now with a new President][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=in office who has the party affiliation of known gun haters, I'm sure we'll][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=all be able to thank you fine upstanding citizens for bringing attention to yourselves][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=and making this an issue of "control". ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Let me close in saying this....HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=GUN I HAVE ON MY SIDE. HEY EVERYBODY DONT COME TO CLOSE OR START ANY PROBLEMS WITH][/size][/size][/font]
[size=ME OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. HEY EVERYBODY, AINT I COOL.][/size]

areyouserious

imported post

Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Let me guess, most of you that are fighting so hard for this open carry ability ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=were either not able to make the sports team in high school, your mother didn't][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=hug you enough, your girlfriend (if you had one) left you for the popular guy or you][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=got beat up a lot in school.][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Can someone please give me an HONEST and rational reason why you think this is so][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=important. I recently had one of your minion actually equate it to Rosa Parks. He][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=seriously compared the "right" to carry a handgun openly to the civil ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=rights movement. I have to admit that it was by far, one of the most ignorant things][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I have heard in some time. This moron's only other response was "because][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I can". That would have to clearly be the second most ignorant thing I have][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=heard in some time.][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Please, please, please tell me that the rest of you are not that ignorant. If in][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=fact you are, than I am absolutely terrified of your group. In fact I'm so terrified][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=that maybe I should get my pistol and strap it on my side and show everyone how ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=bad I am. Let everyone know that you had better not come close to me or start any][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=problems because I am so afraid of my own shadow, that if pushed to the limit][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I will gladly pull this gun and use it. ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I have seem some of you fearless, courageous super heros carrying openly in very][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=rural areas and in grocery and department stores in my community. Wow does that ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=ever make me feel safe that your untrained, fat, out of shape, chain smoking, beer][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=swilling asses are the new Guardian Angels of Michigan. I also find in curious that][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=I NEVER see any of you carrying openly in Detroit, Flint or Pontiac......huh, I ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=wonder why that is? Maybe its a little out of your safety zone and you wont be able][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=to intimidate people there. And for christ sakes do any of you retards practice weapon retention....duh.][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Its organizations like this that bring about gun control. Now with a new President][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=in office who has the party affiliation of known gun haters, I'm sure we'll][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=all be able to thank you fine upstanding citizens for bringing attention to yourselves][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=and making this an issue of "control". ][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=Let me close in saying this....HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE][/size][/size][/font]
Code:
[font="Courier New"][size=2][size=GUN I HAVE ON MY SIDE. HEY EVERYBODY DONT COME TO CLOSE OR START ANY PROBLEMS WITH][/size][/size][/font]
[size=ME OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. HEY EVERYBODY, AINT I COOL.][/size]

FMCDH

imported post

areyouserious

While there are most certainly those who open carry for the myriad of reason which you state, (fear, the thrill, overcompensation, ect.) The reason for the movement remains the same.

My personal take:
To desensitize Americans to the public presence of firearms, responsibly carried by law abiding citizens, and helping to educate by example of that right being observed lawfully, that an armed populace is a safer populace.

Personally, I choose to CC anytime that I think it would cause undue attention and risk of conflict, such as in crowded markets (shoulder to shoulder standing or walking like Pike Place Market) or where the presence of children outnumber the presence of adults (such as a public playground, park or "child themed" business).

This is not to say that I am in any way against others exercising their legal right to do so if they so choose. It is only to say that I reserve the right to decide for myself what is appropriate, and respectfully suggest to others my opinion if they choose to carry in such circumstances. (It never hurts to ask)

My belief is that the OC movement and those that support it must remember to do more good in the public view of guns, then harm, and that includes the judicious application of the "self check method" by asking oneself, "Am I really choosing to open carry in this situiation for my and others protection, or for my own ego."

IMHO :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

areyouserious[ly] incapable of previewing your post before you post up that formatting nightmare. I started trying to read it and just gave up before I get a headache. Try re-posting in a comprehendible form and I'll try reading it and responding appropriately to whatever it is you were saying.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
SNIP and responding appropriately to whatever it is you were saying.

There really is only one appropriate response.

Invite him to use the search tool on "why" and "OC."

He'll either understand or he won't; calm down or won't.

We get these type of posts from time to time. One thing I've noticed is that the person who starts off on a rant is usually so narrow-minded/constricted in his emotional thinking that they are difficult to have around. Even after extensive explanation they revert to type, or find a new subject to be indignant about, for example standing up for rights to LEO's when we "should support them in all things and be respectful out of the deep sel-fless service they give us."

Think about it for a moment and compare to other ways a disbeliever might approach it. We get those who justask about OC, give out their concerns, but omit all the rant. We also get those who lurk for sometimes ages before posting some disagreement. Lots of polite, civilized ways to do it without ranting on the first post. It really highlites the ranters to compare in this way.

I recommend justleading themto the water and letting them decide whether to drink. Save yourself a lot of effort and explanation time making friends with someone who might be just another JohnnyB-level hot-head who can't control his emotional thinking long enough to be tolerable to have around.

Dom

imported post

In the interest of freedom of speech, and to save my fellow OC.org members from trying to read that:

Let me guess, most of you that are fighting so hard for this open carry ability were either not able to make the sports team in high school, your mother didn't hug you enough, your girlfriend (if you had one) left you for the popular guy or you got beat up a lot in school.
Can someone please give me an HONEST and rational reason why you think this is so important. I recently had one of your minion actually equate it to Rosa Parks. He seriously compared the "right" to carry a handgun openly to the civil rights movement. I have to admit that it was by far, one of the most ignorant things have heard in some time. This moron's only other response was "because I can". That would have to clearly be the second most ignorant thing I have heard in some time.
Please, please, please tell me that the rest of you are not that ignorant. If in fact you are, than I am absolutely terrified of your group. In fact I'm so terrified that maybe I should get my pistol and strap it on my side and show everyone how ad I am. Let everyone know that you had better not come close to me or start any problems because I am so afraid of my own shadow, that if pushed to the limit will gladly pull this gun and use it.
I have seem some of you fearless, courageous super heros carrying openly in very rural areas and in grocery and department stores in my community. Wow does that ver make me feel safe that your untrained, fat, out of shape, chain smoking, beer swilling asses are the new Guardian Angels of Michigan. I also find in curious that I NEVER see any of you carrying openly in Detroit, Flint or Pontiac......huh, I wonder why that is? Maybe its a little out of your safety zone and you wont be able to intimidate people there. And for christ sakes do any of you retards practice weapon retention....duh.
Its organizations like this that bring about gun control. Now with a new President n office who has the party affiliation of known gun haters, I'm sure we'll all be able to thank you fine upstanding citizens for bringing attention to yourselves and making this an issue of "control".
Let me close in saying this....HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE GUN I HAVE ON MY SIDE. HEY EVERYBODY DONT COME TO CLOSE OR START ANY PROBLEMS WITH ME OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. HEY EVERYBODY, AINT I COOL.
If I respond to the actual substance in your rant, my response is that we take carrying openly very seriously. Weapon retention, situational awareness, and public safety are paramount considerations. As to why we carry, there are plenty of posts on this forum that express it better than I could. I invite you to invest some time to read them before creating a stream of consciousness anti-OC post that makes you look foolish and immature. I'd also invite you to visit the Michigan forum. A rational post there would provide answers on Michigan open carry questions.