• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North-bound Mil Convoy on 81 today?

AbNo

imported post

So, as I was driving South on 81 today, and I noticed a couple of separate military convoys heading in the opposite direction.

Being that it's not their typical time to be doing convoys/vehicle training, I find myself thinking they were then headed East on 66 a while after they passed me.

My guess? Preparation for riot control. Consider yourself forewarned that some of the usual hijinx and chicanery may not go over so well Tuesday and Wednesday. May be best to keep a low profile.

Personally, I'm betting I'm wrong, as the world's not that exciting, but I figured I'd pass word along of this.

How is this OC related? Well...

A> Keep this in mind if you're near DC Tuesday.

B> I think some of the drivers might have been OCing. :D

nova

imported post

Last time I was heading south on 81 though VA I passed a mil convoy that included a few Bradleys and HMMWVs on flatbeds. Didn't think nothin of it, seen it before many times.

nova

imported post

interesting...well then, I'll have to start loading some mags tomorrow then in preparation of Nov.5th! :uhoh:

nova

imported post

As they say, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst"

:)

AbNo

imported post

1911, XD-40, Mossberg 500, M91/30.

Loaded mags, both internal and removable.

Plenty of food and water.

It's a good thing I mostly live off dry and canned goods, anyway. I don't have to prepare for anything! :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

Should McCain pull a rabbit out of his hat and win this election somehow -- and this is remotely possible if the now undecided step up and vote for him -- you can bet your last nickel there's going to be a lot of military vehicles rushing to major cities all over this country. It's really a shame this election has turned into such a racial issue.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I've heard multiple rumors of personnel staged for civil unrest post election. This is the second first hand account, so I'm betting there is something to it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I've heard multiple rumors of personnel staged for civil unrest post election. This is the second first hand account, so I'm betting there is something to it.
I've heard the rumors too Longwatch. They are still only rumors to me because I haven;t seen the buildups.

The local cops have contingency plans, but again they're always putting themselves on alert for one BS reason or the other. It gives the mouth ones something to brag about (and they have been).

Now what does perk my interest is that there are a LOT of groups in the city that shouldn't be there. They seem very political but don't have a particular party. They are spreading the word concerning voting machine fraud and fixed elections.

To top that off, the NAACP lost their court case to extend the voting hours in minority areas.

Still, no meat there but all the hoopla reminds me of the Rowdy Old days. The general feeling for the last year is the same as it was during the Viet Nam war and this election reminds me of the tactics used when Nixon moved into Cambodia.

Instigators actually started all the trouble at Kent State the Friday before by riding around breaking windows and raising hell. Everyone else joined in and pretty soon had a full blown Friday Night riot going. This was all BEFORE the real problems the next week.

I was going hunting Wednesday, but I think I'll stick around the burbs and see what happens.

If problems start small on Wednesday night, that gives them Thursday and Friday for the cops and National Guard to really get everybody PO'ed before the weekend.

And then again....it might just be quiet and peaceful!:lol:

mobeewan

imported post

AbNo wrote:
This wasn't on flatbeds, and it's not their usual time to be running convoys.
So when is their "usual" time so I will know the difference and can join in on theparanoia?

AbNo

imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
Since the sky is falling, troops are mustering, and cats and dogs are starting to commuicate with each other on a more civil level than ever before, I'd best get to the grocery store this morning and stock up on 9 volt batteries and peanut butter.
Your sarcasm is duly noted. :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The grocery store was very nearly out of milk and bread last night - could it be that people are just hungary?

Yata hey

Sheriff

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The grocery store was very nearly out of milk and bread last night - could it be that people are just hungary?

Yata hey
Cows do not work weekends! :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Cows do not work weekends! :D
They just hang out in their milking stalls - udder delight.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

We shall have to eat cake.......while watching the convoys.

Yata hey

AbNo

imported post

Right, I try to do something nice around here, I try to generate some interesting discussion, maybe open up things for a little speculation, and this is what happens.

I'll keep that in mind, next time. :?