• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Cincinnati, OH - Police arrest and don't care

nocturnalnights

imported post

A good friend of mine was recently arrested for legally open carrying his Glock. He is 22, and owns the gun. Our police said, "We've received complaints, and you're inducing panic."

First, I thought you had to be commiting a crime to induce panic...

He's currently fighting it in court, costing him mounds of money, and he still has yet to finish the case. To salt the wounds, the very same arresting officer met us in a church we volunteer at and started making fun of him.

I am not going to open carry until he finishes the case, as he will be suing the officer for a violation of his rights.

Is there a pamphlet or something that I can carry that explains OC in Ohio? Something that maybe I can hand to the policeman and let him know that "I'm right, your wrong, leave me be."

I can't afford a lawyer, and sure don't want my Ruger taken from me illegally.

Please, any help would be appreciated grandly.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You might look at the California Open Carry Flier on the California forum. You could use it as a guide, research the laws in your state and make your own.

Good luck.

Ohio Patriot

imported post

Can you repost this in the Ohio forum?

This seems to be similar to another Cinci case - maybe they're on in the same. PerhapsColor of Law would know something about it.