• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voting problems

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

So far, these are the problems reported in Central Va.
http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=9289252
REPORTED PROBLEMS:
  • 308 precint Library
    Librarian overslept did not open until 5:55am and voters let in at 6:25am
  • Swift Creek Middle School-Midlothian
    Machines stopped working -- no techanican on site. Long lines, hundreds of people waiting in line. Paper ballots were given out and filled out but can not be used because of broken machines. Ballots are being put in a metal container. Voters are worried about their votes being counted and privacy.
  • Tucker Middle School Polling Station-Henrico-Parham RoadLine wrapped around building
  • Math and Science Center-on Hoffman
    2 out of 9 machines are working
  • Godwin School-Pump Road
    Out of 7 machines 1 is working.
    Handing out paper ballots without any instructions on how to fill out ballets.
    Voters feel uneasy that their votes are not being counted.
  • MT. Herman Chruch-Genito Road/Mt. Herman near West Woodland
    Traffic backed up because people have been parking in the streets and blocking the main highway.
  • Precint 108-Hunting-Henrico County
    Voting machines not working.
    Paper ballots are being filled out but put in an open brief case.
    Voters have no way of knowing if their vote will be counted.
  • Glen Allen Library
    Linesshorter
  • Colonial Heights Middle School
    Just long lines
  • Clover Hill High School
    Broken machines
  • Good Shepherd Church (Petersburg)
    Voting machines broken
  • Greenwood Elementary
    Only one voting machine working
  • Main Street Station
    Long Lines-elderly poll workers slow and requiring voters to have picture id with voter registration
  • Union Station in Petersburg
    Long lines, no machines working
  • Hermitage Road
    4 out of 9 machines are down
  • Wilder Middle School-Henrico
    1 out of 5 polling machines are working
  • Jahnke Road-District 9-Chesterfield Square
    Lines were long
    Voter stood in line from 5am to 7:30am
  • Poll Green
    Unorganinzed chaotic
  • Southside Baptist-6000 Iron Bridge
    Cars being towed by WAWA
  • Hanover Rescue Squad
    Handwritten ballots

kenny

imported post

There was plenty of free parking at the First Baptist Church on Monument Avenue in the city. Another unusual thing people where in and out in no time. Who knows, maybe even a lost soul or two were saved as well.

One precinct in south Richmond report over half of the 1200 registered voters had cast their ballot by 10 am.

tripledipper

imported post

FUBAR in many HR areas- machines down, paper ballots required, heardsecond hand stories aboutvoters frustratedfromwaiting on long lines requiring LE involvment - andan army of lawyers from both sides just waiting until tomorrow to start doing what they do best:lol:

bohdi

imported post

I was surprised to see both electronic and paper ballots being cast at my polling station. I was like WTF? For the last 8 years it's all been electronic - not that I'm a fan of electronic without paper receipts which is a whole other issue, but I was surprised at the change. Needless to say we had a few issues out here. I couldn't OC because my polling place was a school and I didn't want to get into any bru ha ha, but I did use my Utah non-resident CCW card to identify myself, lol. That took a few minutes of explaining and then I finally got the okay from someone to use it.

Utah non-resident CCW - it's everywhere you want to be, hehe. Thanks for the class Pourshot - money well spent.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

GF voted in Henrico w/touch screen machine which highlighted her vote incorrectly 3 times - different candidate each time - before it understood the correct choice - who got her vote, who knows.

Yata hey

nova

imported post

I will never believe Obama won legit. Too much crap going wrong in his favor (and not just voting problems, but fraud, etc.)