• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting around Spokane

K_Bjornstad

imported post

Your choices in Spokane have always been fairly limited when it comes to shooting... You have the one indoor range (Sharpshooting) which does not support or allow OC. You have the Spokane Rifle Club which is a $20.00 per visit and not open to the public every day. Than you have what I considered the best option and have been using, the Spokane Valley Rifle Club, open every day after 1400 and is only $5.00.

Well after the gunshow this last weekend, I attempted to go shooting there and the place was packed. Every bench had two people on it, and there were people waiting for a chance to put ammo down range.

So I figure it is time to look at public lands around the Spokane area.

Looking for help from anyone who may have some experience doing so around Spokane. Somewhere not more than 30-40 minute drive from Spokane, somewhere you don't have to backpack your equipment into the woods...

Been trying to find a dead end fire road in any of the State land near Tum-Tum myself, but haven't found anything yet...

David.Car

imported post

Above message was actually written by me. Using work computer where Mr. K_Bjornstad had logged in on my computer account and than neglected to sign back out.

thewise1

imported post

Buddies and I did exactly this about a month ago.

Hog lake is out by Fishtrap - it's a bit of a drive but we had a great time out there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fishtrap,+wa&sll=38.272689,-79.123535&sspn=6.56192,11.206055&ie=UTF8&ll=47.385334,-117.833691&spn=0.085658,0.175095&z=13

I'm unfortunately not exactly sure of the directions - I only know the general area - but if you don't mind cruising down some gravel roads and looking for the public lands entrance, it's right near here. Hog Lake is in the public lands area.

pics from when we were out there:

l_f339f24ad6ed7373c22b2e2ef8ab32e9.jpg

l_7e66c1171b0fb93bc338348e7525387d.jpg

l_996152cc149cd3cbf68a7d2bb45ffb3b.jpg

l_bf8044ce34bb3f1e9be5b86f7c144b6a.jpg

l_acb5c0358a04f3ba55bcfc0a925b41be.jpg

l_2df0efb0b8f4c63b1803b7eee946c777.jpg

K_Bjornstad

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Above message was actually written by me. Using work computer where Mr. K_Bjornstad had logged in on my computer account and than neglected to sign back out.
Quit your whining Mr. David.Car. This shift is boring enough without having to hear your babble. Well...see ya tuesday. Enjoy that there meeting!

labrat50

Shooting around spokane

I went fishing on a pond/lake near Deer Park. On the way there we spotted a berm area for shooting. We went there after fishing. No cost. There were some things (plastic bottles,etc) left from previous shooters that we could use as targets. Could not tell you exactly where but probably only 5-10 minutes from Deer Park.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I went fishing on a pond/lake near Deer Park. On the way there we spotted a berm area for shooting. We went there after fishing. No cost. There were some things (plastic bottles,etc) left from previous shooters that we could use as targets. Could not tell you exactly where but probably only 5-10 minutes from Deer Park.

Welcome to OCDO, and I hope you took some of that trash with you. We are losing shooting areas because of the people that left the trash in the first place. Keep posting on your adventures.