Thread: I Voted Whilst Carrying Open.....

Post imported post

12:15 hours got in line. Glock 21 in Fobus Paddle Holster on right side. ONE person seemed to notice my weapon, but said nothing. The women inside as well as an ex deputy greeted me cordially and showed me to my booth. I voted and left.

It was 12:35 hours.:celebrate

Now the wait begins.

Post imported post

I put my "I Voted" sticker on my holster. 'Can't carry in the polling places here. The wait begins... 'n I ain't rootin' for the Marxist.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    12:15 hours got in line. Glock 21 in Fobus Paddle Holster on right side. ONE person seemed to notice my weapon, but said nothing. The women inside as well as an ex deputy greeted me cordially and showed me to my booth. I voted and left.

Now the wait begins.
    My polling place was a school so I didn't want to take a chance. Where were you voting at?

Post imported post

zrukman....outside of Buffalo, Ky....at a golf course.

Post imported post

I hope you left the voting booth and played a round! :celebrate

Post imported post

MgoBlue....Never have played regulargolf.....except have played rifle/pistol golf. Short cut grass....make the balls jump with gunfire.:celebrate

Post imported post

Mr Mitch - I have never played that type of golf but I would love to try it. I need to look you up thenext time I'm in that area. I'll bring the balls!

Post imported post

zrukman wrote:
    Mr Mitch - I have never played that type of golf but I would love to try it. I need to look you up thenext time I'm in that area. I'll bring the balls!
    That'll be just fine with me.

Post imported post

zrukman wrote:
    TheMrMitch wrote:

Now the wait begins.
    My polling place was a school so I didn't want to take a chance. Where were you voting at?
    My polling place wasat a school, as well. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

It isn't that I thought I wouldn't need it as I always carry a weapon with me with exception to the off limit places. PD station, courthouse, schools ect...

I was trying to obey our current laws stating that schools are off limits for guns. If there are no kids at school that day is it still considered a gun free zone? Maybe I'm acting like a sheeple....

Post imported post

zrukman wrote:
    It isn't that I thought I wouldn't need it as I always carry a weapon with me with exception to the off limit places. PD station, courthouse, schools ect...

I was trying to obey our current laws stating that schools are off limits for guns. If there are no kids at school that day is it still considered a gun free zone? Maybe I'm acting like a sheeple....
    nah, you're doing what you've got to do. Some people carry places they aren't supposed to, some people obey all of the "no gun" signs. Nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.