• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Voted Whilst Carrying Open.....

TheMrMitch

imported post

12:15 hours got in line. Glock 21 in Fobus Paddle Holster on right side. ONE person seemed to notice my weapon, but said nothing. The women inside as well as an ex deputy greeted me cordially and showed me to my booth. I voted and left.

It was 12:35 hours.:celebrate

Now the wait begins.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I put my "I Voted" sticker on my holster. 'Can't carry in the polling places here. The wait begins... 'n I ain't rootin' for the Marxist.

zrukman

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
12:15 hours got in line. Glock 21 in Fobus Paddle Holster on right side. ONE person seemed to notice my weapon, but said nothing. The women inside as well as an ex deputy greeted me cordially and showed me to my booth. I voted and left.

Now the wait begins.
My polling place was a school so I didn't want to take a chance. Where were you voting at?

zrukman

imported post

Mr Mitch - I have never played that type of golf but I would love to try it. I need to look you up thenext time I'm in that area. I'll bring the balls! :lol:

FightingGlock19

imported post

zrukman wrote:
TheMrMitch wrote:

Now the wait begins.
My polling place was a school so I didn't want to take a chance. Where were you voting at?
My polling place wasat a school, as well. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

zrukman

imported post

It isn't that I thought I wouldn't need it as I always carry a weapon with me with exception to the off limit places. PD station, courthouse, schools ect...

I was trying to obey our current laws stating that schools are off limits for guns. If there are no kids at school that day is it still considered a gun free zone? Maybe I'm acting like a sheeple.... :(

FightingGlock19

imported post

zrukman wrote:
It isn't that I thought I wouldn't need it as I always carry a weapon with me with exception to the off limit places. PD station, courthouse, schools ect...

I was trying to obey our current laws stating that schools are off limits for guns. If there are no kids at school that day is it still considered a gun free zone? Maybe I'm acting like a sheeple.... :(
nah, you're doing what you've got to do. Some people carry places they aren't supposed to, some people obey all of the "no gun" signs. Nothing wrong with that.