• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama takes VERMONT ?!?!?! WTH ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/election_rdp

Obama wins Vt., McCain takes Ky. as tallies arrive
WASHINGTON – John McCain carried Kentucky, and Barack Obama countered with a victory in Vermont on Tuesday night as he bid to become the first black president. Democrats gained a Senate seat, the first of several they had in their sights in a country at war and anything but prosperous.

The economy was by far the top Election Day issue, according to an Associated Press survey of voters leaving their polling places. Six in 10 said so, and none of the other top issues — energy, Iraq, terrorism and health care — was picked by more than one in 10.

The Associated Press made its calls based on surveys of voters as they left the polls.

Interviews with voters indicated almost six in 10 women were backing Obama, and men leaned his way by a narrow margin. Just over half of whites supported McCain, giving him a slim advantage in a group that President Bush carried overwhelmingly in 2004.

The economy was by far the top Election Day issue, according to the AP exit polling. Six in 10 voters said so, and none of the other top issues — energy, Iraq, terrorism and health care — was picked by more than one in 10.

The results were based on a preliminary partial sample of nearly 10,000 voters in Election Day polls and in telephone interviews over the past week for early voters.

Vegassteve

imported post

And how about a big thanks to ohio and penn. I hope they come for those folks guns first because they seem to think they dont need them.

like_the_roman

imported post

Vermont was one of the only states to vote against FDR all four times.

Then, all the rich white liberals flocked to VT from Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey to escape the reckless laws and attitudes they advocated in those states. Now, they can be sanctimonious and snobbish without having to live with the consequences of their policies.

Prophet

imported post

I tried to deliever my state...but when a whole congressional district re-elects a jackass like Murtha who calls his constituents rascists and rednecks I just have to put up my hands and say "no mas".

I've lost a little faith in my fellow Keystone staters. But you're right Roman, Vermont used to be a good little piece of livin the free life but all those liberal implants and suckin out the joy. I'm actually still amazed thatVermonts carrying policy is still what it is.

KatieVT

imported post

Prophet wrote:
I tried to deliever my state...but when a whole congressional district re-elects a jackass like Murtha who calls his constituents rascists and rednecks I just have to put up my hands and say "no mas".

I've lost a little faith in my fellow Keystone staters. But you're right Roman, Vermont used to be a good little piece of livin the free life but all those liberal implants and suckin out the joy. I'm actually still amazed thatVermonts carrying policy is still what it is.

It's no surprise to me that Obamawon Vermont with 67% of the vote. It's a pretty liberal place. The town I live inis one of the most liberal in the state. Counting ballots last night was "interesting" to say the least. People were honestly surprised to see McCain votes. I was thrilled to see Baldwin votes, even though I knew who voted for him (I recognizedmy parents' handwriting).

Vermont politicians, despite what their true feelings are, learned their lesson when an incumbent got severely trounced because of his support of restricting guns. Since then, nobody has tried to run openlyas an anti-gun candidate.

However,I wouldn't put it past the VT legislature to try something "funny", but Gun Owners of VT is pretty watchful of what's going on. Lastyear, they tried to make it a felony for someone to hunt while on prescription medication - even something as simple as blood pressuremedication.

Now for some irony (and really horrible stupidity) check out this news link: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081105/NEWS02/81105030&s=d&page=1. Guycelebrated Obama's win by shooting his .22 rifle in his Burlington apartment! He's very lucky no one got hurt.