• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd while voting today...

ghoststan

imported post

to bad looks like obama will be the press and dole lost on the senete she voted 100% for all gun owners now we got haggan she is rated f by the nra on gun control so looks like we going to be screw

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

I wasn't able to OC while voting, as the voting was held at a school, but I had a couple of quick, interesting comments about the t-shirt I had on. I have a black t-shirt that says "Got Glock?" written across the front of it.

While getting my voter ballet, a older lady sitting behind the table says "What's a Glock?" I responded by saying, "It's a gun." Her response was very snotty, saying "Oh gosh, I'm sorry I asked!" Keep in mind, I'm in Cary...

Anyway, I responded by saying "Sorry? Don't be sorry, be glad you live in a country that gives the right and privilege to own a gun." She looked up and smirked and went hmmm.

She then sat there for 30 seconds or so, while they were looking for my name and said "What, are you in the military or something?" I responded with a simple "No."

Then, after voting, as I was walking out the door, an older gentleman stopped me and said, with excitement, "Hey are you one of those online gamers?" I said "No, why do you ask?" He said "I noticed your shirt." I said "My shirt is referring to a gun." He said "Ohhhh, I thought it was one of those internet video gaming things."

Now, I've had this shirt for a year or so, and wear it frequently (not while I have my XD on my side, BTW) and I've never had a single comment. I guess they were bored sitting there all day or something...LOL

grimstar

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I wore a gorilla costume. I had a 1911 in a holster under it though!

Pics or it didn't happen...lmao...

There has to be a good story here...so tell it...we could all use a good laugh right now.

On another note...I have OC'd every moment away from home since the election...if I have to leave it in my vehicle in order to enter a particular place, then I secure it, but the empty holster stays on my belt.

So far, I have only had to do so when taking my son into pre-school, and into his dentist's office. And I have had no problems so far, just a couple of the usual questions. Frankly, I still think most people don't even notice...too caught up in their own little worlds, I guess.

I have decided to not go quietly into that good night...I will now carry every moment I can, and I will not hide it in shame...and if they wish to take this right from me, they may get more than they expect.

Grimstar

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I voted on Halloween, which if you guys might have noticed is also my birthday. I showed up and suprisingly caught the attention of thedemocratic pusherson the sidelines. They came right to me, smiles in hand, and had the balls to ask, "is that your Halloween costume?" I replied, "No, I'm just a member of the Hair Club gone Wild." They didn't seem to appreciate my sarcasm, but proceeded to push their agenda on me. I stopped them dead by saying, "just because I'm dressed like an ape doesn't mean I'll vote for one."

Here's me leaving for work that morning (note the EMP in my hand holding the trash):

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I voted on Halloween, which if you guys might have noticed is also my birthday. I showed up and suprisingly caught the attention of thedemocratic pusherson the sidelines. They came right to me, smiles in hand, and had the balls to ask, "is that your Halloween costume?" I replied, "No, I'm just a member of the Hair Club gone Wild." They didn't seem to appreciate my sarcasm, but proceeded to push their agenda on me. I stopped them dead by saying, "just because I'm dressed like an ape doesn't mean I'll vote for one."

Here's me leaving for work that morning (note the EMP in my hand holding the trash):

That was funny as hell...:celebrate