• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic....

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Ruger 10/22 I love mine!!!! $230 out the door then just customize the hell out of it:lol: I am still trying to find a smith and wesson .357 revolver in 4 or 6" barrels. I guess I just need to look harder....

n1572900686_30431791_6618.jpg

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I am not 21 though. What kind of auctions are you talking about? I am leaning more toward the revolver if I can find it.

ahh well, being under 21 may be a problem then..... :)

Some local auction companies hold gun auctions. I attended one on West Broad about a month ago. I love my new (old)S&W wheelie....

AbNo

imported post

The only SKS I've ever tried was essentially bolt action. It had severe problems with the gas tube, and required manual ejection of the spent casings. :(

Goliath

imported post

AbNo wrote:
The only SKS I've ever tried was essentially bolt action. It had severe problems with the gas tube, and required manual ejection of the spent casings. :(
I have 2 SKS and have never had a minutes trouble with either one. I always found them to be reliable.

MetalChris

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Was it a Yugo by any chance? I've heard of them having some problems like you described...

My Norinco is absolutely reliable though...I'd highly recommend.

David.Car

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
Looking for shotgun for under 300.00
For shotguns you have 2 options you will want to stick too for your first time purchase:

Mossberg 500

Remington 870

Both can be found for under 300 used, or right around 300 + a little for new on sale at local stores, or just online. They are the top 2 recommended shotguns for self defense you will find. 870 being my personal recomendation. Both are highly customizeable if you want down the line.

I would suggest an 870 magnum (even if you don't use the larger shells, you have that option). An 18inch barrel will allow you6 in the tube with extension (comes on self defense models)

Here is a used 870, with 18in barrel and extension. Auction at $150.00 right now:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115441289

A brand new one minus the tube extension for a 280 dollar buy out with only $15 dollar shipping (295 total shipping to your local ffl): http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114546586

Or brand new with extension (320 shipped): http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115348099