Thread: Cincinnati harassment, illegal seizure, and cocky uncaring police

Post imported post

Mount Healthy is a small suburb of Cincinnati, one in which I have never seen OC in my 16 years of living here. A good friend of mine began OC, and was arrested by a very cocky police officer of the MHPD.

He was arrested for "Inducing panic". I thought you had to commit an offense to induce panic...

Anyway, my friend is battling with this in court, costing him thousands of dollars. They also took his Glock, Lord knows if he'll ever see it again. Not to mention, in a small town like this, he's had frequent run ins with this officer. Me and him were working at a local church when the cop stopped in, mocked my friend for what he did, laughed at us, and damaged our reputation with the Bishop. It seemed like I was a bad guy for working with him.

I have nothing against police, but our police are lazy, rude, and don't care about the law. Many times I've seen them turn their lights on just to run an annoying stoplight, shutting them down when they pass.

I am scared to OC. I know I'm right, I know I'm legal, but they don't care, and I can't afford an attorney to fight to keep my name clean.

Is there a pamphlet I can carry when I OC that explains the law, like a quick guide?

Any posts would be appreciated, I need all the "ammo" I can get.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

noctournalnights are you familiar with the Buckeye Firearms Associateion www.buckeyefirearms.org or Ohians for Concealed Carry www.ohioccw.org ? If you can't get the answers and info you're after here, try both of these excellent organizations where they are dedicated to Ohio gun rights.

Post imported post

And get a recorder, your friend should have already had it. The cops comments
    would haver been a great youtube, and local news story about harassment.
    And great impeachment dureing the trail, remember Mark Furman.....
    CYA isn't just for the bad guys anymore.

Post imported post

I share your pain...

If these were uniformed cops, there should be a dash-cam recording available that the lawyers can parse. Also, I would refer your friendto the very handout that they give you now as part of the concealed carry permit class, in which the state attorney general states that open carry is legal. Show this to the whatever lawyer ends up involved (go ahead and get a public defender if necessary - it's still better than going itpro se as far as the court is concerned). The relevant text is on page 18: http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevention/pubs/200808_ccw_book.pdf.

Let us know how it turns out.

-ljp

Post imported post

Cops like that need to be fired. It's disgusting.

Post imported post

Is this the same case Color of Law is involved with?

Post imported post

Yes.

Post imported post

Good reference Legba, page 18 says it all. I would think that just showing that to the lawyer would suffice, then after it is all said and done get a good firearms lawyer and sue the officer (and maybe the city and/or department?) into bankrupcy for damages/civil rights violation, if you were arrested for it. I'm serious about that.

Actually, I'm upset enough about this to add a little more.

Why not contact theOhio st. AG office and inform then ofthisofficers conduct? It cant hurt. The only bad thing is that he cant be sued forhis behavior (at least the verbal slander at the church) because defamation of character is only if you loose income due to the slander,if I am correct on that. He can be sued on the arrest though, I'm certain of that.

Post imported post

Also, it's only actionable defamation if it's untrue - you can say heinous things about people if they apply.

-ljp