• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Storing a hand gun in storage center

yankees98a

imported post

I will be in the process of moving from one place to another. If I stored a hand gun in a secure storage center, how safe is it?

Anyone have experience with doing so?

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

I wouldn't do it. I've known too many friends and relatives who've had their storage space broken into. I once asked someone I know who worked at one of these facilities if that was common and his response was "oh yeah, very common".

Springfield45

imported post

I think it might be wise to leave your weapons with a highly trusted friend, or relative, rather than a storage unit. They just aren't secure enough for my tastes.

~~Springfield

Legba

imported post

You can possibly pawn it for a token amount of money. Pawn shops keep weapons pretty secure. You do have to fill out a 4473 "gun purchase" form and submit to a background check to redeem them now, though.

-ljp