• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, no Pres. McCain

Deanimator

imported post

FogRider wrote:
I doubt that. Obama will at least try to fix the crap the last administration is leaving. McCain would have just added to it.
Two of the things which Obama wants to "fix" are the private ownership of handguns and concealed carry.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
FogRider wrote:
I doubt that. Obama will at least try to fix the crap the last administration is leaving. McCain would have just added to it.
Two of the things which Obama wants to "fix" are the private ownership of handguns and concealed carry.
Neither of which will he ever get the votes for. C'mon guys, you know as well as I do that that S H I T aint gonna happen. Most of the dumbocrats are running on pro-gun platforms these days anyways. Unfortunately, they have some serious douche bags as their party leaders, but the bread and butter congressman wont go for that kind of B U L L S H I T.

FogRider

imported post

He can certainly try. Actually, I'd like to see him try. He will fail. Republicans not trying is a bad sign. They figured out that if they give you your guns and religion you will practically give away everything else. Cool, I can own guns! Can't afford to get one, but I'm certainly allowed to. Yay, ammo is cheap! It's a shame I can't eat it.

Deanimator

imported post

FogRider wrote:
He can certainly try. Actually, I'd like to see him try. He will fail. Republicans not trying is a bad sign. They figured out that if they give you your guns and religion you will practically give away everything else. Cool, I can own guns! Can't afford to get one, but I'm certainly allowed to. Yay, ammo is cheap! It's a shame I can't eat it.
I neither have nor need a religion. I need guns because not believing in an afterlife, there's no benefit to me letting somebody murder me.

People in Chicago don't have guns, and they damn near can't afford much of anything else. This election has brought Chicago style corruption and racism into the White House. I find it strange that people who oppose torture at Abu Ghraib would elect people who profited from torture in the United States.

Tonight, the US elected the Obama/Burge ticket.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going to agree with I_Hate_Illinois. Gun banning just isn't a good use of political capital these days. Gun control, as we understood it a few years ago, has failed. Or, at least people are finally recognizing that fact.

bignflnut

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
I need guns because not believing in an afterlife, there's no benefit to me letting somebody murder me.

Not believing in an afterlife, nothing you do, say, think, feel matters to you.

It does matter, just not to you.

Man has believed in the Heavens for thousands of years, but you are right?

Deanimator

imported post

bignflnut wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
I need guns because not believing in an afterlife, there's no benefit to me letting somebody murder me.

Not believing in an afterlife, nothing you do, say, think, feel matters to you.

It does matter, just not to you.

Exactly, it doesn't matter to me. I don't have an imaginary friend. I do have real enemies who have expressed a desire to kill me. One of them might yet grow a set of testicles and need to be shot. That's easier to do with a gun.

bignflnut

imported post

What do you care if you die or not, you've got nothing to do here anyhow. Nothing you do, say, think, or feel matters.

You don't have an imaginary friend, a soul, an afterlife, a life here and now. Surprised you recognize a mother and a father.

Deanimator

imported post

bignflnut wrote:
What do you care if you die or not, you've got nothing to do here anyhow. Nothing you do, say, think, or feel matters.

You don't have an imaginary friend, a soul, an afterlife, a life here and now. Surprised you recognize a mother and a father.
It's a shame that you don't realize what gibberish that is. It could come right out of an Obama speech.

AnaxImperator

imported post

bignflnut wrote:
Man believed that the Sun rotated around the Earth (or that it was a god)for however many hundreds/thousands of years, but did that make it so?

bignflnut

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
It's a shame that you don't realize what gibberish that is. It could come right out of an Obama speech.

"IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."

Perhaps you and Obama would benefit from a reading of the Declaration of Independence.

Fight with the Founders. Tell us all how insane they were. They actually claimed a Creator, and served Him.

Deanimator

imported post

bignflnut wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

"IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."

Perhaps you and Obama would benefit from a reading of the Declaration of Independence.

Fight with the Founders. Tell us all how insane they were. They actually claimed a Creator, and served Him.
I'd kill millions to protect your right to believe. I wouldn't scratch my behind in the name of belief. THAT is an American value.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Actually, the language stresses "Nature's God" and the "Laws of Nature", and the Creator can be assumed to be that very same "Nature". The language reflects Jefferson's tendency to take a very non-supernatural, Deistic view of Christianity. Which, of course, contrasts with your servile relationship to your "God".

bignflnut

imported post

wrong again.

[align=center]Religious Nature[/align]
2. This governmental philosophy is, therefore, essentially religious in nature. It is uniquely American; no other people in all history have ever made this principle the basis of their governmental philosophy. The spiritual brotherhood of men under the common fatherhood of God is a concept which is basic to this American philosophy. It expresses the spiritual relationship of God to Man and, in the light thereof, of Man to Man. To forget these truths is a most heinous offense against the spirit of traditional America because the greatest sin is the lost consciousness of sin.

The fundamentally religious basis of this philosophy is the foundation of its moral code, which contemplates The Individual's moral duty as being created by God's Law: the Natural Law. The Individual's duty requires obedience to this Higher Law; while knowledge of this duty comes from conscience, which the religious-minded and morally-aware Individual feels duty-bound to heed. This philosophy asserts that there are moral absolutes: truths, such as those mentioned above, which are binding upon all Individuals at all times under all circumstances. This indicates some of the spiritual and moral values which are inherent in its concept of Individual Liberty-Responsibility.

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal/yardstick/pr1.html

Your belief system is distinctly European, Anti the American Philosophy.

If man is equal to or greater than gods, there is no restraint on man's power. Government is accountable to nothing and you don't have any of the Rights you think you have. Only with Unalienable Rights, given by a Creator, by way of your humanity, do you have any Rights.

You oxymoronically undermine the Rights you claim to exercise.

bignflnut

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Actually, the language stresses "Nature's God" and the "Laws of Nature", and the Creator can be assumed to be that very same "Nature". The language reflects Jefferson's tendency to take a very non-supernatural, Deistic view of Christianity. Which, of course, contrasts with your servile relationship to your "God".
When did I specify a religion? You are free under the American Philosophy to believe in any Creator you desire. The American Philosophy, however, does not allow for a Creator-less existance.

Deanimator

imported post

bignflnut wrote:
wrong again.

[align=center]Religious Nature[/align]
2. This governmental philosophy is, therefore, essentially religious in nature. It is uniquely American; no other people in all history have ever made this principle the basis of their governmental philosophy. The spiritual brotherhood of men under the common fatherhood of God is a concept which is basic to this American philosophy. It expresses the spiritual relationship of God to Man and, in the light thereof, of Man to Man. To forget these truths is a most heinous offense against the spirit of traditional America because the greatest sin is the lost consciousness of sin.

The fundamentally religious basis of this philosophy is the foundation of its moral code, which contemplates The Individual's moral duty as being created by God's Law: the Natural Law. The Individual's duty requires obedience to this Higher Law; while knowledge of this duty comes from conscience, which the religious-minded and morally-aware Individual feels duty-bound to heed. This philosophy asserts that there are moral absolutes: truths, such as those mentioned above, which are binding upon all Individuals at all times under all circumstances. This indicates some of the spiritual and moral values which are inherent in its concept of Individual Liberty-Responsibility.

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal/yardstick/pr1.html

Your belief system is distinctly European, Anti the American Philosophy.

If man is equal to or greater than gods, there is no restraint on man's power. Government is accountable to nothing and you don't have any of the Rights you think you have. Only with Unalienable Rights, given by a Creator, by way of your humanity, do you have any Rights.

You oxymoronically undermine the Rights you claim to exercise.
That's your religion and you're welcome to it. It's a complete and utter waste of my time.

FogRider

imported post

bignflnut wrote:
When did I specify a religion? You are free under the American Philosophy to believe in any Creator you desire. The American Philosophy, however, does not allow for a Creator-less existance.
So, believe in any god you want, just believe in a god?