Thread: (Manassas)Guy in my Office was mugged

Post imported post

Monday Night after the skins game a guy in my office was walking home from watching the SKINs Game in Manassas where he was mugged. IMHO hes lucky to be a live. He said he was approached by 5-6 Black Guys, telling him he had nice cloths on, he was surrounded and he got off one punch.

He has a distintive Black eye, nose broken, and the whole side of his body is black and blue.

They ended getting his wallet, his cell phone, and his Clinton Portis Jersey. (I thought I heard him say it was a Miami Portis Jersey.)

I mentioned to him that he may want to change his lifestyle and stop going to bars and start carrying either his HK, or his Glock.

Post imported post

Damn sucks for that guy. Where was his situational awareness? I mean if I see a group of guys walking up to me, I'd be on high alert.

Post imported post

Did this happen in the City of Manassas, or the County?

Post imported post

He said Georgetown South? I've never heard of it.

But he was wearing a fairly rare portis Miami Hurricane Jersey. Did confirm that.

Post imported post

That is in the City in fact right next to where I reside. It is a crappy development that is home to many illegals and other assorted criminal types. It was not very long ago the City Police had a substation located there.

Post imported post

I would compared itto being in Southeast DC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...201831_pf.html

Post imported post

What a dump that place is, it needs to be razed.

Post imported post

rebfan wrote:
    Nope, it needs a open carry citizen's watch. Imagine the drop in crime if a bunch of residents just started walking around their development openly armed.A friendAnd myself actually did this 5 years ago in a troubled neighborhood. One guy complained to the management office, funny thinghe was arrested 3 months latteron several felony charges.

When I go out for walks (every night) I always open carry.

Post imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
    rebfan wrote:
    Nope, it needs a open carry citizen's watch. Imagine the drop in crime if a bunch of residents just started walking around their development openly armed.A friendAnd myself actually did this 5 years ago in a troubled neighborhood. One guy complained to the management office, funny thinghe was arrested 3 months latteron several felony charges.

That reminds me, I need to start doing that again.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
    rebfan wrote:

Ha! Now ain't that ironic. Imagine that. I like your idea, it's good, kinda like a neighborhood watch with teeth!

Post imported post

The problem with that is the high number of illegals and others who live there that might not be able toown firearmsdue to criminal status. Really, unless you have been through there, it is hard to describe. I doubt there are more than a hand full of people that live in the neighborhood that care enough to do something positive, and would want to carry. If anything it would be just the opposite.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
    Monday Night after the skins game a guy in my office was walking home from watching the SKINs Game in Manassas where he was mugged. IMHO hes lucky to be a live. He said he was approached by 5-6 Black Guys, telling him he had nice cloths on, he was surrounded and he got off one punch.

He has a distintive Black eye, nose broken, and the whole side of his body is black and blue.

They ended getting his wallet, his cell phone, and his Clinton Portis Jersey. (I thought I heard him say it was a Miami Portis Jersey.)

I mentioned to him that he may want to change his lifestyle and stop going to bars and start carrying either his HK, or his Glock.
    Five to six men ganging up on one man is most definitely a huge disparity in force and without a doubt justifies a lethal response. I would bet that as some as he presented a firearm, their advances on him would have been stopped. And he should do this before they are really close. He is fortunate to not have sustained more serious injuries or worse. Convince him to carry a firearm if he is of a mind to continue on his walks.

And yes, Georgetown South has a well known reputation for being a bad area and it has been this way for over 30 years.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
    He said Georgetown South? ...SNIP.

Mystery solved
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    rob99vmi04 wrote:
    He said Georgetown South? ...SNIP.

Mystery solved
    Some people should say hello when they check in!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

rebfan wrote:
    The problem with that is the high number of illegals and others who live there that might not be able toown firearmsdue to criminal status.
    Because we all know criminals follow the law. :P
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Well, yes we know the bad guys will have guns, but I just don't know how many folks who live there who are legally able to own guns would in fact exercise their rights to do so.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
    He said Georgetown South? I've never heard of it.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Looks like MOB attacks are a regular thing.. this was a few days earlier..

View Other Items in this Archive | View All Archives | Printable Version

MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

PRESS RELEASE

September 29, 2008

Assault by Mob

At approximately 12:30 am Saturday, September 27, 2008 officers responded to Liana’s Restaurant 9780 Zimbro Avenue in reference to an assault. Upon arrival, the officers found the victim a 26 year old male with cuts and bruises on his head, face, arms and back. The victim was attacked by an unknown number of subjects hitting him with their fist and then chairs. The reason for the attack is unknown at this time. The suspects were seen leaving the scene in a red van. A short time later officer stopped a vehicle fitting the description on Ashton Avenue not far from the restaurant occupied by 7 Hispanic males. A witness was brought to their location and she was able to identify 3 individuals involved in the altercation.

All three subjects, Jorgue Estrada Aspeintia, 25, of 11257 Golden Leaf Circle, Manassas,VA, Luis Alberto Pascula, 27, of 11260 Golden Leaf Circle, Manassas,VA and Juan Antonio Arellano Briones, 18, of Popey Street, Manassas, Va. were arrested and charged with assault by mob, malicious wounding, and destruction of property. They are being held without bond pending a court date.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Zimbro Ave is not Georgetown South. That's right next to Virginia Arms.