• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Manassas)Guy in my Office was mugged

rob99vmi04

imported post

Monday Night after the skins game a guy in my office was walking home from watching the SKINs Game in Manassas where he was mugged. IMHO hes lucky to be a live. He said he was approached by 5-6 Black Guys, telling him he had nice cloths on, he was surrounded and he got off one punch.

He has a distintive Black eye, nose broken, and the whole side of his body is black and blue.

They ended getting his wallet, his cell phone, and his Clinton Portis Jersey. (I thought I heard him say it was a Miami Portis Jersey.)

I mentioned to him that he may want to change his lifestyle and stop going to bars and start carrying either his HK, or his Glock.

eyesopened

imported post

Damn sucks for that guy. Where was his situational awareness? I mean if I see a group of guys walking up to me, I'd be on high alert.

rebfan

imported post

Did this happen in the City of Manassas, or the County?

rebfan

imported post

That is in the City in fact right next to where I reside. It is a crappy development that is home to many illegals and other assorted criminal types. It was not very long ago the City Police had a substation located there.

no carry permit ?

imported post

rebfan wrote:
What a dump that place is, it needs to be razed.

Nope, it needs a open carry citizen's watch. Imagine the drop in crime if a bunch of residents just started walking around their development openly armed.A friendAnd myself actually did this 5 years ago in a troubled neighborhood. One guy complained to the management office, funny thinghe was arrested 3 months latteron several felony charges.

When I go out for walks (every night) I always open carry.

AbNo

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
rebfan wrote:

Nope, it needs a open carry citizen's watch. Imagine the drop in crime if a bunch of residents just started walking around their development openly armed.A friendAnd myself actually did this 5 years ago in a troubled neighborhood. One guy complained to the management office, funny thinghe was arrested 3 months latteron several felony charges.

That reminds me, I need to start doing that again. :)

Neplusultra

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
rebfan wrote:

Ha! Now ain't that ironic. Imagine that. I like your idea, it's good, kinda like a neighborhood watch with teeth!

rebfan

imported post

The problem with that is the high number of illegals and others who live there that might not be able toown firearmsdue to criminal status. Really, unless you have been through there, it is hard to describe. I doubt there are more than a hand full of people that live in the neighborhood that care enough to do something positive, and would want to carry. If anything it would be just the opposite.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
Monday Night after the skins game a guy in my office was walking home from watching the SKINs Game in Manassas where he was mugged. IMHO hes lucky to be a live. He said he was approached by 5-6 Black Guys, telling him he had nice cloths on, he was surrounded and he got off one punch.

He has a distintive Black eye, nose broken, and the whole side of his body is black and blue.

They ended getting his wallet, his cell phone, and his Clinton Portis Jersey. (I thought I heard him say it was a Miami Portis Jersey.)

I mentioned to him that he may want to change his lifestyle and stop going to bars and start carrying either his HK, or his Glock.
Five to six men ganging up on one man is most definitely a huge disparity in force and without a doubt justifies a lethal response. I would bet that as some as he presented a firearm, their advances on him would have been stopped. And he should do this before they are really close. He is fortunate to not have sustained more serious injuries or worse. Convince him to carry a firearm if he is of a mind to continue on his walks.

And yes, Georgetown South has a well known reputation for being a bad area and it has been this way for over 30 years.

rebfan

imported post

Well, yes we know the bad guys will have guns, but I just don't know how many folks who live there who are legally able to own guns would in fact exercise their rights to do so.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Looks like MOB attacks are a regular thing.. this was a few days earlier..

View Other Items in this Archive | View All Archives | Printable Version

MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

PRESS RELEASE

September 29, 2008

Assault by Mob

At approximately 12:30 am Saturday, September 27, 2008 officers responded to Liana’s Restaurant 9780 Zimbro Avenue in reference to an assault. Upon arrival, the officers found the victim a 26 year old male with cuts and bruises on his head, face, arms and back. The victim was attacked by an unknown number of subjects hitting him with their fist and then chairs. The reason for the attack is unknown at this time. The suspects were seen leaving the scene in a red van. A short time later officer stopped a vehicle fitting the description on Ashton Avenue not far from the restaurant occupied by 7 Hispanic males. A witness was brought to their location and she was able to identify 3 individuals involved in the altercation.

All three subjects, Jorgue Estrada Aspeintia, 25, of 11257 Golden Leaf Circle, Manassas,VA, Luis Alberto Pascula, 27, of 11260 Golden Leaf Circle, Manassas,VA and Juan Antonio Arellano Briones, 18, of Popey Street, Manassas, Va. were arrested and charged with assault by mob, malicious wounding, and destruction of property. They are being held without bond pending a court date.