Thread: Non Citizen Wife Wants to OC.

Post imported post

I've been looking for some info on this, My wife is from ecuador and she's a resident of the US legally but not a citizen. Can she OC legally in NM?

Post imported post

If she's classified as a permanent resident alien, she should be ok.

-ljp

Post imported post

Do you know where i can find this information?

Post imported post

The best place to start would be in the New Mexico section of the forums.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Jizzlea few weeks ago you said your wife was concerned about or distrustful of the police. Now she wants to OC. That's awesome! Is this a great country or what?

Post imported post

ya, i agree with her, she rides her bike about an hour a day back and forth to school through the middle of no where.she wants some pos Hi-point.. grrr, I'm tryin to convince herto get a Glock19. We will see what happens.i just wanna make sure that she won't be getting into immigration trouble. that's a whole can of sh*t that i don't wanna even come near to.

Post imported post

Nuthin wrong with a Hi Point. My wife loves hers, and she'd downright deadly accurate with it too.

Post imported post

Don't knock Hi-Point

I own 2 of them, a .40 and a 9mm

Both are extremely accurate and I love the adjustable sights. The only knock I have on them is their size and the location of the safety on the left side. I found that it frequently got set to safety off going in and out of my holster, so carrying it with one in the chamber got to be a little questionable for me.

I purchased a German police referb Sig Sauer P6 at the last gunshow here in Northern Virginia and it is now my primary carry weapon because of the DA/SA action and I am more comforatable carrying it with one in the chamber and the hammer down.

Hope that NM law allows her to open carry, she should have the right to protect herself.

Be Careful Out There.

Paul

Post imported post

ya, i guess it's all personal preference. I've shot a few hi-points and i'm not a big fan at all. I like walthers and glocks. but tomatoes tomahtoes.. she's going off of looks as far as her preference goes.i have a buddy that has a g-19 and a few others to try out this weekend so she can get a feel for what's she's comfy with.