• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non Citizen Wife Wants to OC.

Jizzzle

imported post

I've been looking for some info on this, My wife is from ecuador and she's a resident of the US legally but not a citizen. Can she OC legally in NM?

Legba

imported post

If she's classified as a permanent resident alien, she should be ok.

-ljp

canadian

imported post

The best place to start would be in the New Mexico section of the forums.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jizzlea few weeks ago you said your wife was concerned about or distrustful of the police. Now she wants to OC. That's awesome! Is this a great country or what?

Jizzzle

imported post

ya, i agree with her, she rides her bike about an hour a day back and forth to school through the middle of no where.she wants some pos Hi-point.. grrr, I'm tryin to convince herto get a Glock19. We will see what happens.i just wanna make sure that she won't be getting into immigration trouble. that's a whole can of sh*t that i don't wanna even come near to.

dyver1

imported post

Don't knock Hi-Point

I own 2 of them, a .40 and a 9mm

Both are extremely accurate and I love the adjustable sights. The only knock I have on them is their size and the location of the safety on the left side. I found that it frequently got set to safety off going in and out of my holster, so carrying it with one in the chamber got to be a little questionable for me.

I purchased a German police referb Sig Sauer P6 at the last gunshow here in Northern Virginia and it is now my primary carry weapon because of the DA/SA action and I am more comforatable carrying it with one in the chamber and the hammer down.

Hope that NM law allows her to open carry, she should have the right to protect herself.

Be Careful Out There.

Paul

Jizzzle

imported post

ya, i guess it's all personal preference. I've shot a few hi-points and i'm not a big fan at all. I like walthers and glocks. but tomatoes tomahtoes.. she's going off of looks as far as her preference goes.i have a buddy that has a g-19 and a few others to try out this weekend so she can get a feel for what's she's comfy with.