• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston Bill Board is now UP!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Cool!!! I will have to watch for it whenever I'm down there!
But someone please let me know where it is as I really don't like driving through Houston, but will if it isn't too far outta the way....!

perfection1144

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's on I-45 North at W Little York

700_1227184150.jpg

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
Can you find it?
perfection1144wrote:

It's on I-45 North at W Little York

I think someone has the inside scoop.

Nice work on that project Lori, it looks great. :celebrate

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Awesome!!! When I'm home for Thanksgiving I'm definitely gonna get on I-45 to check out that badass billboard! I'm proud to see that in my hometown. Yeah baby!!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Is anybody else planning on going to the Gun Show in Conroe this weekend?
Maybe we could all meet up and take a little trip to get a picture in front of the bill board....:idea:

Decoligny

imported post

Mike wrote:
Can you find it?
I found it within a minute or two of you posting. Looking at the picture you have a Bi-Rite Furniture Store in Houston with the street number 7114. A quick google search for "Bi-Rite Furniture Houston" brings up a map with this beside it:

7114 Northfreeway
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 699-8200

My deductive skills and my web-fu are powerful.

TFred

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Mike wrote:
Can you find it?
I found it within a minute or two of you posting. Looking at the picture you have a Bi-Rite Furniture Store in Houston with the street number 7114. A quick google search for "Bi-Rite Furniture Houston" brings up a map with this beside it:

7114 Northfreeway
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 699-8200

Sorry to rain on your powerful deductive skills and web-fu (whatever that is...) but the "hit" that Google returns on the store name is 2.4 miles driving distance from the actual location of the store and billboard.

Suggest you use the link in my post above if you want to actually see the billboard... ;)

TFred

waylander111

imported post

Fantastic!
I just drove by it today on my way to work (Nov. 6) and immediately came here and registered for the Forum...Congrats to all who made this happen. I will make a donation to keep it up!

HungSquirrel

imported post

waylander111 wrote:
Fantastic!
I just drove by it today on my way to work (Nov. 6) and immediately came here and registered for the Forum...Congrats to all who made this happen.  I will make a donation to keep it up!
Now THAT's what I like to hear! :cool:

Cynthia

imported post

I am so pleased to know that youhave put another sign up! Great spot, too! Maybe thiscan help a bitmoreto find it: From the intersection of I-45 North& the 610 Loop, drivenorth on I-45, go past Tidwell Rd, take the Little York Rd exit to the right,stay on the feeder. Sign is located on the feeder road, right next to the Bi-Rite Furniture store at 7114 North Frwy (I-45). Thank you for allowing me to post. Cynthia Hinton Deuley

Decoligny

imported post

TFred wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Mike wrote:
Can you find it?

7114 Northfreeway
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 699-8200

Sorry to rain on your powerful deductive skills and web-fu (whatever that is...) but the "hit" that Google returns on the store name is 2.4 miles driving distance from the actual location of the store and billboard.

Suggest you use the link in my post above if you want to actually see the billboard... ;)

TFred

Wow, the link in your post goes straight to the exact place that I found using Googlemaps. Imagine that. No rain on my deductive skills.

The address is as I said (even had the phone number):

7114 Northfreeway
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 699-8200

I didn't say the map that popped up on google search was accurate. I said I found the address next to the map.

I then used google maps and also used the streetview function, and I was looking at the front of the Bi-Rite store, and I was looking up at the billboard. Since the streetview picture was taken a while ago, the billboard had a "JOBSInc" sign on it at the time.

Read a little slower, maybe even read it twice,next time before saying someone iswrong.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

waylander111 wrote:
Fantastic!
I just drove by it today on my way to work (Nov. 6) and immediately came here and registered for the Forum...Congrats to all who made this happen. I will make a donation to keep it up!
We are OK with funds to keep the Houston board up - please contribute to the I-35 board so it can remain standing into january - see contribution link on main page.

TFred

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
TFred wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Mike wrote:
Can you find it?

7114 Northfreeway
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 699-8200

TFred

Wow, the link in your post goes straight to the exact place that I found using Googlemaps. Imagine that. No rain on my deductive skills.

The address is as I said (even had the phone number):

7114 Northfreeway
Houston, TX 77076
(713) 699-8200

I didn't say the map that popped up on google search was accurate. I said I found the address next to the map.

I then used google maps and also used the streetview function, and I was looking at the front of the Bi-Rite store, and I was looking up at the billboard. Since the streetview picture was taken a while ago, the billboard had a "JOBSInc" sign on it at the time.

Read a little slower, maybe even read it twice,next time before saying someone iswrong.
No biggie... I did read what you wrote, and it was not quite right.

Google search of [Bi-Rite Furniture Houston] produces a map next to the name of the store, yes. But when you click on that map (presumably what one would do if one desired to drive to the location of the store) the location shown on that new map is 2.4 miles driving distance away from the actual location of the store and the sign.

Here's the search.
Here's the map.

As you can see, nowhere near the store or the billboard.

I do quite a bit of work with Google Maps, and I believe the error is due to a misformatted address in the search result for the store. The search hit returns:

7114 Northfreeway

for the street address, but the actual format recognized as the proper location by Google Maps is:

7114 North Fwy

And just to make sure that the poor horse is really, really dead... here are the driving directions between the two locations:

Directions between the two

What it comes down to, if someone followed the directions that you posted to their logical conclusion (clicking on the map with the mis-formatted street address), they would end up in the wrong place.

TFred

PS. If you swap directions, the distance drops down to 1.7 miles, I guess because of the direction of travel on the freeway... but I'm not familiar with the area, so can't say for sure.

waylander111

imported post

Okay, Mike...just kicked in $50 bucks via PayPal to I-35 signage costs...At least I hope I did! It went to a "jpierce" email...Keep up the good works.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

'jpierce' is Mike's 'other half' of this board...
[I guess I should be 'PC' and say 'co-founder'?]
Is there a reason why the 'billboard donations' can't be pooled?
I would think that all of us Texans can agree that they are both useful and equally important....:idea: