• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Round of Choice

Michigander

imported post

Different calibers and different guns have different uses. You need to know exactly what you want to be ready for when you stock up. "Seriously sour" could mean that they did a sweeping gun ban and you wanted to be able to still have enough to target shoot and hunt, or it could be that you are worried about a Red Dawn scenario of sorts.

While I think it goes without saying to stock up on .22 ammo and have a reliable .22, a bigger caliber is always good to have. For an all around decent round that you can use for a variety of things, I think a .357 lever gun/revolver combo is a nice way to go. You can stock up on many thousands of primers, and if you had to, get by on home made black powder and scrounged lead bullets. It's ideal for little to nothing besides maybe brush hunting deer or smaller game, but it is capable of doing a lot.

Thundar

imported post

Jizzle wrote:
What would you pick as your round of choice provided stuff goes seriously sour in the future. Would u stock up on multiple calibers or would u stick with 1 for your rifle and ur pistol?

.50BMG is great. Fantastic acuracy and destructive power at long range.

7.62 x 39 is good for the SKS. Already got lots of this stuff.

Cheap and good is the 7.62x56R

.223 is good for the mini 14 and SU-16. Get some AP and tracer.

My best handguns are 9mm. JHP of course.

.17HMR s for plinking

and .22LR is for fun.

squisher

imported post

To stock up for excrement in the air handler?

I'm going to go off what guns I own currently.

Lots of 9mm. Vary between JHP and FMJs.
I'm probably alright on 7.62x54 (~400-500 rnds left from my case)

Will need more 7.92x57. It's hard to argue with a K98 of any flavor

Multiple bricks of Quality .22 (not Remington Bulk Pack -- dirty nasty stuff IMO)
As much .22 Mag as I can get my hands on

And as much 00 Buck and bird shot 12 guage ammo as I can find. I've got a start on some of that. I need to work on the rest :)

nova

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
lemover wrote:
Sure, he can have em... After he pries them from my cold dead hands...
They'll get 'em when you're at work. You'll come home and your door will be broken down and your safe empty.
I work from home.....
then their plan will backfire :p