• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Round of Choice

Jizzzle

imported post

What would you pick as your round of choice provided stuff goes seriously sour in the future. Would u stock up on multiple calibers or would u stick with 1 for your rifle and ur pistol?

lemover

imported post

I own a .22, .223 (5.56), 9MM and a 30-06 WWII battle rifle

I have 1000+ of .223 (Wylde chamber, uses both .223 and 5.56) plus a .22 conversion bolt :cool:

aprox 300 of .22

>20 30-06 (rarely used)

1500+ 9MM primary CCW and most used at the range :what:

In the US, I would keep my .223. Lots of ammo and parts for it. Same for my 9MM. 30-06 isn't used that often but has never failed, 9MM has never FT-Anything.

M

mdgary

imported post

9mm semi auto and .40s&w semi auto (M&Ps),I will have one in each hand with three extra mags for eachone onmy side with ammo staggered fmj , jhp... and a 270wsm over my shoulder with 130gr. ballistic silver tips. My son will have a win. .243 for back up...

imported post

lemover wrote:
I own a .22, .223 (5.56), 9MM and a 30-06 WWII battle rifle

I have 1000+ of .223 (Wylde chamber, uses both .223 and 5.56) plus a .22 conversion bolt :cool:

aprox 300 of .22

>20 30-06 (rarely used)

1500+ 9MM primary CCW and most used at the range :what:

In the US, I would keep my .223. Lots of ammo and parts for it. Same for my 9MM. 30-06 isn't used that often but has never failed, 9MM has never FT-Anything.
Way to go, you have just given Obama a shopping list of what he can come and get at your house.

FogRider

imported post

Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
Way to go, you have just given Obama a shopping list of what he can come and get at your house.
Yep. I have it on good authority that Obama checks this forum daily. Come on folks, use just a little logic here. If the authorities really started confiscating guns, do you really think they are going to show up with a list they got from some website? No. If they have any suspicion that you have a gun, they are going to go through the entire house. They are not going to say "Well, at OCDO he only mentioned a M4 and a 1911, and we've got those. Pack up, move to the next house!". The paranoia around these forums is just un-frickin-believable lately.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'd stock up on whatever you favor to shoot... or may expect to shoot. Depending upon what you own. It'd be cost prohibitive to have all of it...

I have maybe 3-4 favorite flavors of pistol, long gun and shotgun.

MetalChris

imported post

lemover wrote:
Sure, he can have em... After he pries them from my cold dead hands...
They'll get 'em when you're at work. You'll come home and your door will be broken down and your safe empty.