• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First gun/OC experience in Fairfax, VA

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MiCabeza wrote:
We later went to Fair Oaks Mall but I didn't carry as I didn't want to push my luck with their no weapons policy.
Perhaps someone who lives here full-time can fill me in, but I'm pretty sure Fair Oaks no longer has this policy. Last time I was on their website, I couldn't find any rules at all, much less a no-firearms policy.

Furthermore, I OC at Fair Oaks fairly often, and, unlike Springfield Mall, I've never been asked to leave.

Oh, BTW, amphora is great late, but there's way better Greek food to be had during the day. ;)

MiCabeza

imported post

show details 5:46 PM (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Sorry for taking so long to respond back but I don't have access at work to respond back (or I don't want big brother to know) and then I've just been super busy with other things. They actually block bassproshops.com because it's in the "category" of weapons at work. I actually moved to Virginia from the People's Republic of MARYland. The primary reason was because I found the housing prices to be a little more affordable in Virginia, but also because I can get a CHP, whereas I hear it's next to impossible in Maryland. I also liked that there was no waiting period to purchase a handgun. The NICS was really fast!

I ordered a digital voice recorder from amazon.com and it should be arriving tomorrow. Thanks for that advice.

I guess I could have tried open carrying at Fair Oaks, just I was having such a successful weekend that I didn't want to ruin it by a confrontation there.

Since my first post I've also carried at Safeway, Costco, Office Depot, Sports Authority, Advance Auto Parts, and the Nottoway dog park in Vienna and many many more places. It's becoming second nature for me.

BTW I just got my CHP in the mail yesterday. It doesn't go into effect until tomorrow 11/17. So it was exactly 31 days from the day I applied to the day I received the permit.

-David

"Inquiring minds want to know"

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

It really does sound like you're off to a shining start. The only time I have gotten super :what:was when I was gassing up at the BP station in Somerset (that's right next to Gainesville on route 29). It was by a couple in an SUV from Maryland.

Here in Virginia, it's no big deal, as you have already found out.