• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want To Change laws

Detour

imported post

Hi guys......I have started this in hopes of changeing some laws here in Alabama andI would like to hear from all of you on this

Feel free to word the way you would want the ccw law to be or the ocw law or what ever.

One of the thingsI was looking at is maybe changing the law to where if your weapon is wore open on your side and your in a vehicle then a permit is not need as one is not needed on foot when one is ocw as long as you are legal to own and have a weapon. I think a vechile is an extention of your home and no permit is needed for long weapons shotguns, rifles, etc......I assum because you can see them and can not really hide them..

I still think a ccw permit is for people to hide there weapons and who intend to hide them... Which is fine if thats what they choose to do and if you hide it then you should need a permit im ok with that..

So please is there anything else you guys and gals want to add or help on this.

So lets take back this state and let them know how we feel. I did go vote and I would like the Alabama governmentto work for us all...

Thanks

Daddyo

imported post

I too would like to see no permit required to carry in a car. I don't have to have a permit to carry at home, why should I in my car which should be a mobile extension of my home. What if I live in a motor home? Same difference. When I get out of the car, it becomes an entirely different set of circumstances.

Also would like to see CCW in state parks.

Mostly, I just want to see some police departments get hammered for violating the Constitution and making up the rules as they go. Good on ya' Detour.

Detour

imported post

Daddyo wrote:
I too would like to see no permit required to carry in a car. I don't have to have a permit to carry at home, why should I in my car which should be a mobile extension of my home. What if I live in a motor home? Same difference. When I get out of the car, it becomes an entirely different set of circumstances.

Also would like to see CCW in state parks.

Mostly, I just want to see some police departments get hammered for violating the Constitution and making up the rules as they go. Good on ya' Detour.

Very good Daddyo ....... I agree with you 100% ....Thats whyI am for sure going to do everything I can to try and change that law. I am going to get petitions started soon here in my area and also on line andI will need help in other countys maybe we can appoint one or more people in each county of Alabama to get a petition started and run adds even.

Maybe between us all we can come up with one petition and fax, email, mail it to the ones who will post them and go around getting people to sign it.

That way when we go to the Alabama legislator we can show just how many of us want this and its the will of the people that should prevail....Iwant theemail and mail address for the legislators of our state.

I also want someone who lives in those districts of those legislators to really hit those areas hard with petitons so we can show the legislators just how many people want this and just how many in there own district want this . Remember the will of the people and there abillity to vote can get this done.....

WhereI am locatedI could cover 2 countysMarshall and Etowah co. So some people may can only cover there county but if we get some or all members here and maybe some of our friends that we all know who maybe in other countys im sure we could cover most if not all the state and also do an on line petition for Alabama residents.

I know we can do this if the people speak up and speak loud the will of the people should be heard and answered.

Remember they work for us and they should listen to us and our concerns.

So anyone that wants to help write the petition please feel free to post here or email andI also will be asking my attorney for help on this petition.

So please keep sending ideas on changes of the laws and the starting of a petition

Thanks

Detour

imported post

I really want to do this guys...I have never been the leader typebut it seems some how for what ever reason something on the inside is guiding me to do this plus I dont know any other way to make this happen by just talking about it.

Nothing in my 38 years of life has made me feel the wayI feel about this andI hope some of you feel the same way and will still be standing with me at the end of all this

After getting the petition drawn up and worded right I will make sure theres enough copys for all buti will want to make sure it says what it needs to.

I have never did a petition and will be asking my attorney and also looking on the net, and getting help from you guys and gals tohelp with info on doing this

LETS DO THIS GUYS..........WE THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE

Detour

imported post

I just talked with Mr Hooper and he said he would help with the petition on changeing the permit law for carrying in a vehicle..

He is working on a letter now for my case and after we see where this goes then we will work on the petition part. So now there maybe be to ways for me to carry my weapon. Either with a permit that they give back or ifI loose that round then change the law and no permit will be needed.

Regaurdless of the outcome on the permit being giveing back im still going to try and change the ccw law for a vehicle.

A few things I need now are names of people who are willing to petition in there countys along with the countys they intend to petition.

I have a map with each county and I have marshall and etowah covered but could use more in this area. If you will please email me or post here the names of the people and countys they will cover I can then get an idea of the areas that need attention. After getting a petition drawn up I will send copys to all the people listed for the county they intend to petition.

There are 67 countys in Alabama and wewould need 67 county leaders butI know starting out that may be hard to do and I also know some countys are bigger than others and may need more than one county leader. So if there is a few members that arein one county we could divide that county in to sections, districts, chapters or what ever with each of the sections, districts, or chapters having there own leader.

This is just an idea and if anyone can think of something better or have any ideas of there own please post them here or email me.

So if anyone from there county is wanting and willing to go out and petition let me know soI can add there names to the map and they can be the leader for that county they are in and if theres multi members inthat county then we all will divide that county up so each will be leader of that part of there county..

So please only the real serious members who will take this on and go out and get names on a petition and wants to be the leader of there county or section and who wants to really change the lawplease let me know.

Thanks guys and gals....I feel a change a coming

HungSquirrel

imported post

I won't be happy until Alabama requires no permit to carry for any law-abiding adult over 18, and repeals the unconstitutional law banning carrying at a protest.

Detour

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
I won't be happy until Alabama requires no permit to carry for any law-abiding adult over 18, and repeals the unconstitutional law banning carrying at a protest.

Well maybe we have to do like they do. They take our rights a lil bit at a time not all at one time. So we need to take them back a lil bit at a time as well I guess.

It will take someone standing up and doing something or we will loose them all little by little, over time

KillBoxAlpha

imported post

Detour, Im in for Jefferson county. Largest county in the state. I know i can get the petitions put up at the local ranges and sporting goods stores, we can probably count on 1,000+ from my efforts alone. I'll pm you my email so we can coordinate.

jaekfre

imported post

Detour,

I'll take Madison County if no one has! I also, wouldn't mind some help from anyone else out therein Madison County.

This is great. Can't want to get the petitions!

I'll pm you my email address.

Detour

imported post

Good to hear that guys .....Im glad to see some of you on board with this...

Sorry ive been away for a while my moms had a stroke and had fallen and broke her shoulder but im back and rwady to roll.....

jaekfre

imported post

Detour wrote:
Good to hear that guys .....Im glad to see some of you on board with this...

Sorry ive been away for a while my moms had a stroke and had fallen and broke her shoulder but im back and rwady to roll.....
I hope she's doing better. I'll be praying for her.

Detour

imported post

Thank you and shes is doing better for now and I am able to concentrate more on this permit thing and changing of the gun laws :0