• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day Carpool Coordination Thread

Tomahawk

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
You could always go over to citizens house and take a shower there. I'm sure he won't mind.
Dude this isn't a joke. It's all fun and games until your toilet doesn't work and you've been eating Taco Bell.
So would that be a negligent or an accidental, uh, well, you know.

Forunately, the stoppage has cleared. The water came and put a torch to the meter in the front yard, and about 20 minutes later the pressure finally broke the ice plug and my sink suddenly roared back on. So it looks like whoever is near me on Lobby Day won't have to suffer the effects of me not showering for three days.

:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Forunately, the stoppage has cleared. The water came and put a torch to the meter in the front yard, and about 20 minutes later the pressure finally broke the ice plug and my sink suddenly roared back on. So it looks like whoever is near me on Lobby Day won't have to suffer the effects of me not showering for three days.

:celebrate
And the difference is......? :lol:

Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

Update: I'm out of action on Lobby Day. After finally getting my water restored last night, early this morning a pipe burst in my wall and my basement is partially flooded. I have to wait for a plumber tomorrow around lunchtime, and I'm trying to get a cleanup crew to come and clean out my wet carpet. In the meantime, I had to close the water main and once again have no working water fixtures.

So have fun without me tomorrow, folks,I'min the hurt locker.

Tomahawk

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
I guess you know that you can leave a faucet running at a dribble, to keep the water from sitting and freezing.
Yeah, well, I've had more "expert advice" than I can stand in the last 48 hours, all of which I already knew and none of which helps me out, so forgive me for being snappy. My mood a might bit dark at the moment.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Glock27Bill wrote:
I guess you know that you can leave a faucet running at a dribble, to keep the water from sitting and freezing.
Yeah, well, I've had more "expert advice" than I can stand in the last 48 hours, all of which I already knew and none of which helps me out, so forgive me for being snappy. My mood a might bit dark at the moment.

Yeh, I guess we're all experts when it comes to someone else's problems.

I grew up in a house in Vienna where the pipes froze regularly--the house was built in the late 1800s. No insulation, rough-hewn lumber, the whole bit.

Hope you get your stuff fixed, being without H2O is not fun.

gulliver

imported post

Thanks Glock27Bill -

Would you mind giving me a call this evening? I can meet you in Tysons Corner, I just need to park my car in a safe place. My cell number is . I don't know if I will be able to get back onto the Internet later tonight, and I don't want to miss your message. Thanks ... Fred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gulliver wrote:
Thanks Glock27Bill -

Would you mind giving me a call this evening? I can meet you in Tysons Corner, I just need to park my car in a safe place. My cell number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. I don't know if I will be able to get back onto the Internet later tonight, and I don't want to miss your message. Thanks ... Fred
Can't too strongly suggest that you do this by PM in the future and that you go back and edit/delete your phone number!

Yata hey

tag

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Can't too strongly suggest that you do this by PM in the future and that you go back and edit/delete your phone number!

Yata hey
Perhaps you could delete his phone number from your quote, too :p

gulliver

imported post

Understood Grapeshot, I'm just trying to do too many things at once. Thanks ...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tag wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Perhaps you could delete his phone number from your quote, too :p
Duh, my light bulb was not on - done.

Yata hey

tsannicolas

imported post

If I'm leaving from Fairfax, when should I head out? Google maps tells me 1h 52m - should i expect traffic??

tag

imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
I've got one open space in the van. Leaving from the 395/495 mixing bowl area by 0600.
What time do you expect to arrive? I'm near that area, and I plan on leaving by 0700. I hope I'm not leaving too late... I told my passengers I'd like to leave at 0645.