Thread: Mall Ninga or over dressed police officer?

Post imported post

What do you call a cop that comes into a coffee shop an 8:30 AM in full S.W.A.T. gear less the helmet. He had 6 full loaded M-16/ar15 mags on his chest. Vest front and back. Quick draw on his leg, with strap downs. And other things on his belt.

I know I called him SIR. . It was not a dash in grab a coffee I'm on my way to a XXX
    . It was just strange I have never seen the in public. My friend with me asked in humor do you think he is a cop? And quick show him you gun. We were both CCW at the time.

I didn't make me nervous it was just strange.

It made for a fun chat with my friend.
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

They are trying to get everyone used to the Police State that the US will become soon.

You could have said Halloween was last week!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

If he was at some stand off all night and had to make a report, he probably wanted some refreshments. It happens.

I would have asked him what was going on that had him all dressed up for a battle.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Post imported post

I live not far from South Kent gun club and I have seen SWAT come into the gas station near there all dressed up even hade their vehicles that was cool. I think some of the different SWATS form west MI all get together at the same time because they were everywhere that morning.

Post imported post

I'd call him well prepared.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

what coffee shop was that? you may have seen me on my way to/from the shooting range. j/k
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    what coffee shop was that? you may have seen me on my way to/from the shooting range. j/k
    It was in Flint, MI
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

Post imported post

quarter horseman wrote:
    I live not far from South Kent gun club and I have seen SWAT come into the gas station near there all dressed up even hade their vehicles that was cool. I think some of the different SWATS form west MI all get together at the same time because they were everywhere that morning.
    That's probably because they often train at South Kent.

Post imported post

I would like to either see swat totally disbanded and the militarization of law enforcemnent halted entirely OR the repeal of the NFA so that the people can have access to the same thing as the police and military.

sounds goofy to say--but I just think the militarization of the police is a vastly horrible idea that should have never been started or tolerated by the public.

Post imported post

Personally, I vote mall ninja.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Can one be a Police officer and a Mall Ninja? :quirky

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Gordon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]

Dalai Lama

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    I would like to either see swat totally disbanded and the militarization of law enforcemnent halted entirely OR the repeal of the NFA so that the people can have access to the same thing as the police and military.

sounds goofy to say--but I just think the militarization of the police is a vastly horrible idea that should have never been started or tolerated by the public.
    Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    Can one be a Police officer and a Mall Ninja? :quirky
    The question verges on 'cop-bashing' and may attract one of our sycophantic-apologists.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    suntzu wrote:

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******
    Since when have we ever all been equal? Take a look at the preferential treatment given to politicians for a good example. Take a look at the preferential treatment given to LEOs for another--when it comes to the word of a citizen over that of a LEO--whose side will the "truth" fall on? IMHO the word of a LEO will always been taken over that a citizen in the absence of any second party.

IMO one of the things we, as a society need to do is to disband SWAT teams under whatever name they go under--SRTs, CRUs and so on...and take the militarization out of law enforcement, OR in lieu of that--simply repeal the NFA and let us all be equal.

As for all being "equal"--it has not been so in about 6000 years....

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:

Forget OR, how about AND?

And why does it sound goofy to be correct?

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    suntzu wrote:

Forget OR, how about AND?

And why does it sound goofy to be correct?
    Exactly, I stand corrected, thank you . I agree with the correction--demilitarize law enforcement completely and totally, disband all swat teams under whatever name they go under, disband all of their "intelligence" units as well, and repeal the NFA totally and let us, as citizens stand on an even playing field for a change.

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    demilitarize law enforcement completely and totally, disband all swat teams under whatever name they go under, disband all of their "intelligence" units as well, and repeal the NFA totally
    But, who will protect us?!

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    suntzu wrote:
    demilitarize law enforcement completely and totally, disband all swat teams under whatever name they go under, disband all of their "intelligence" units as well, and repeal the NFA totally
    But, who will protect us?!

Bronson
    all we have to do is look in the mirror to see this person...

I or course know this was a retheorical question that you asked, as the answer is obvious.....but I will say it here anyway--I don't and will not depend on LEOs to protect me or keep me safe, nor would I trust them to watch my back. I depend on my God, my family and myself only. I know that these will never fail me, and that my back will always be watched--with these individuals I would walk down the darkest streets of any place on earth, be it in Iraq, India, or Washington D.C--the crime capital of the United States....I would lay down my life for them and they for me--and that I don't doubt.

Imagine that.