• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mall Ninga or over dressed police officer?

LaVere

imported post

What do you call a cop that comes into a coffee shop an 8:30 AM in full S.W.A.T. gear less the helmet. He had 6 full loaded M-16/ar15 mags on his chest. Vest front and back. Quick draw on his leg, with strap downs. And other things on his belt.

I know I called him SIR. ;). It was not a dash in grab a coffee I'm on my way to a XXX
. It was just strange I have never seen the in public. My friend with me asked in humor do you think he is a cop? :cool: And quick show him you gun. We were both CCW at the time.

I didn't make me nervous it was just strange.

It made for a fun chat with my friend.

Jblack44

imported post

They are trying to get everyone used to the Police State that the US will become soon.

You could have said Halloween was last week!

Michigander

imported post

If he was at some stand off all night and had to make a report, he probably wanted some refreshments. It happens.

I would have asked him what was going on that had him all dressed up for a battle.

quarter horseman

imported post

I live not far from South Kent gun club and I have seen SWAT come into the gas station near there all dressed up even hade their vehicles that was cool. I think some of the different SWATS form west MI all get together at the same time because they were everywhere that morning.

ghostrider

imported post

quarter horseman wrote:
I live not far from South Kent gun club and I have seen SWAT come into the gas station near there all dressed up even hade their vehicles that was cool. I think some of the different SWATS form west MI all get together at the same time because they were everywhere that morning.
That's probably because they often train at South Kent.

suntzu

imported post

I would like to either see swat totally disbanded and the militarization of law enforcemnent halted entirely OR the repeal of the NFA so that the people can have access to the same thing as the police and military.

sounds goofy to say--but I just think the militarization of the police is a vastly horrible idea that should have never been started or tolerated by the public.

LaVere

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Personally, I vote mall ninja.

Can one be a Police officer and a Mall Ninja? :quirky

moz-screenshot.jpg
3071296192_d2e54f88f3.jpg

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

suntzu wrote:
I would like to either see swat totally disbanded and the militarization of law enforcemnent halted entirely OR the repeal of the NFA so that the people can have access to the same thing as the police and military.

sounds goofy to say--but I just think the militarization of the police is a vastly horrible idea that should have never been started or tolerated by the public.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

suntzu

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
suntzu wrote:

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
Since when have we ever all been equal? Take a look at the preferential treatment given to politicians for a good example. Take a look at the preferential treatment given to LEOs for another--when it comes to the word of a citizen over that of a LEO--whose side will the "truth" fall on? IMHO the word of a LEO will always been taken over that a citizen in the absence of any second party.

IMO one of the things we, as a society need to do is to disband SWAT teams under whatever name they go under--SRTs, CRUs and so on...and take the militarization out of law enforcement, OR in lieu of that--simply repeal the NFA and let us all be equal.

As for all being "equal"--it has not been so in about 6000 years....

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

suntzu wrote:

Forget OR, how about AND?

And why does it sound goofy to be correct?

suntzu

imported post

marshaul wrote:
suntzu wrote:

Forget OR, how about AND?

And why does it sound goofy to be correct?
Exactly, I stand corrected, thank you :D. I agree with the correction--demilitarize law enforcement completely and totally, disband all swat teams under whatever name they go under, disband all of their "intelligence" units as well, and repeal the NFA totally and let us, as citizens stand on an even playing field for a change.

Bronson

imported post

suntzu wrote:
demilitarize law enforcement completely and totally, disband all swat teams under whatever name they go under, disband all of their "intelligence" units as well, and repeal the NFA totally
But, who will protect us?! ;)

Bronson

suntzu

imported post

Bronson wrote:
suntzu wrote:
demilitarize law enforcement completely and totally, disband all swat teams under whatever name they go under, disband all of their "intelligence" units as well, and repeal the NFA totally
But, who will protect us?! ;)

Bronson
all we have to do is look in the mirror to see this person...

I or course know this was a retheorical question that you asked, as the answer is obvious.....but I will say it here anyway--I don't and will not depend on LEOs to protect me or keep me safe, nor would I trust them to watch my back. I depend on my God, my family and myself only. I know that these will never fail me, and that my back will always be watched--with these individuals I would walk down the darkest streets of any place on earth, be it in Iraq, India, or Washington D.C--the crime capital of the United States....I would lay down my life for them and they for me--and that I don't doubt.

Imagine that.