• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nuggent OLN spot

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

So, i was enjoying some american shooter on OLN, and saw a tv spot from Papa Nuggent... he was in a boat, with a bushmaster fully auto scary black rifle...

he proceeded to unload the mag into the water, take a long puff of his big brown dick (cigar) and say something to the effect that he has the gun because he can.....

good for him...

bad for the envoirnment... bad nuggey....

i'm all for guns, all kinds... but not the diliberate popultion of americas wetlands...

he didnt have a brass catcher, and im assuming he was shooting lead core bullets... so just leaving the spent metal in the water is no good.

i think he should be issuing an appology for this one, im just not going to be the guy to ask him to do it.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

maybe you dont want your children and grandchildren to enjoy the same outdoor activities we tend to take for granted.

all wetland life is extreamly sensitive to lead exposure...

frogs are growing eight legs and extra heads... not a good sign.

you want to call me a to call me a tree hugging hippie lefty pinko because i want my legacy to be able to enjoy the bounties of an untaimed wild... go ahead

just dont throw your beer cans in my pond.

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

The Fiercest Beard wrote:
maybe you dont want your children and grandchildren to enjoy the same outdoor activities we tend to take for granted.

all wetland life is extreamly sensitive to lead exposure...

frogs are growing eight legs and extra heads... not a good sign.

you want to call me a to call me a tree hugging hippie lefty pinko because i want my legacy to be able to enjoy the bounties of an untaimed wild... go ahead

just dont throw your beer cans in my pond.
i'm sure you go recover every piece of lead you let fly while shooting or hunting correct?

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

steel shot for any hunting done near open water, jacketed ammo for any other shooting, most done at an indoor range.

they make steel shot for a reason...

i also pick up my brass, spent shells, targets, etc... when i shoot outside.

the indifferent attitude towards others perception of shooting as a sport and hobby is what most of the "gun grabbers" use as ammo for their campains to fight our right to own and carry guns.

the world is a remarkably BIG place, you, MRBIGGLES, contrary to what you think, are not the only one occupying it.

Walleye

imported post

The point is that lead bullets/shot + water = lead poisoning for most water-dwelling wildlife. Ducks for example can eat the lead pellets that get stuck on the waterbed, due to the way they intake their food. This is why non-toxic loads are required by law when hunting waterfoul.

On land is a different matter, since if you're target shooting the ground will absorb the lead and most land-dwelling wildlife does not go out of it's way to eat lead spread across the ground or dig a few feet to get to it.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

thanks for backing me up walleye, youre more than welcome to head up to "the river" and catch some of the finest of your namesake... i'd be more than happy to show you around the rushmore state

redlegagent

imported post

I grew up in Michigan and used to like the Nuge but I feel he fell off the deep end long ago and he now hides in texas where they let him do what he wants. I've watched his show several times and it's his usual self glorification and teaches you nothing as he shoots animals over a food plot. I wonder how long it will be before he starts to chain them up before he shoots them. Sorry, nothing sportsman like with him. He's lost in the cult of self glorification. I even read his book - boring - me,me, me. :cry:

rodbender

imported post

So, i was enjoying some american shooter on OLN, and saw a tv spot from Papa Nuggent... he was in a boat, with a bushmaster fully auto scary black rifle...

he proceeded to unload the mag into the water, take a long puff of his big brown dick (cigar) and say something to the effect that he has the gun because he can.....

good for him...

bad for the envoirnment... bad nuggey....

i'm all for guns, all kinds... but not the diliberate popultion of americas wetlands...

he didnt have a brass catcher, and im assuming he was shooting lead core bullets... so just leaving the spent metal in the water is no good.

i think he should be issuing an appology for this one, im just not going to be the guy to ask him to do it.
Do you have a link? It doesn't sound like something Nuge would do. He is fervently conservationist ansd against tobacco of any kind. This is probablyeither a lie or the guy in the video is an imposter. I want to see the video. Produce a link, please.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

i cant find a link for the video... if you get OLN, im sure it will be on soon... they tend to show the same program over and over again....

i dont even know if OLN has a website... lol

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Yeah, I also don't believe that, not without proof.

One thing I will agree on though is his book. My god, what a bunch of narcissistic gibberish. If you REALLY want to read it, let me know, I'll get you a copy for cheap.

The Fiercest Beard

imported post

well im at work, so proof will not be forthcomming, but if anyone would be willing to browse youtube, or the versus website, for some more info, as i cannot on the work network...

like i said though, i will contact versus via their email address listed on their webpage, and also make effort to touch base the the Nuge himself...

who knows, maybe i was wrong and he was using green bullets...

really wish i just had that damed video clip though... seriously outragious.

this is what ted's website has listed for contact for his spirit of the wild tv show...

Sasha Nugent

517-750-9060 x.14

sasha@tednugent.com

Linda Peterson

517-750-9060 ext. 13

linda@tednugent.com

Help @ TedNugent.com

again, i will not be sending email inquiring on this video clip today, however, i promise, i will send out the inquirey this weekend, away from my work network... if anyone with more writing skills than i have wants to help form the letter for me, it would be appreciated...

Walleye

imported post

thanks for backing me up walleye, youre more than welcome to head up to "the river" and catch some of the finest of your namesake... i'd be more than happy to show you around the rushmore state

I may take you up on that offer in a couple of years. :cool:

Michigander

imported post

I find Tedto be a jack ass. I still say Texas could benefit from him promoting OC if he ever saw the light, because Texas seems to welcome political losers like Ted and the Bush’s who seem to move there when they can’t make it elsewhere. So he might do a good job of promoting OC there. Other than that, I don’t think Ted is really good at much other than pissing people off, and making music.

gbentzen8

imported post

OP said ASSuming Ted used lead. I like Ted, but find his bravado to be too much. GB

gbentzen8

imported post

Music? Not much of a collection. I'm from his era and only know puss scratch fever. GB