• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AK's and AR's

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

I just ordered an AK-47 today online. I hope to have it by Monday. I couldn't find one at a gun shop anywhere, and I even had a difficult time finding one online! Everywhere I call they say they are completely sold out, and on back order. I'm also hoping to pick up an AR-15 at the Raleigh gun show. Anyone else stocking up on these types of guns and high capacity magazines on the possibility of a ban by Nobama and his goons?

I know this is off topic, but just wondering...

ghoststan

imported post

i got me a ak before the elections with 4 mags i also got me a saiga 12 shotgun before elections converted with 10 round mag..and yestersday i pick up a kel-tec pf9 pocket 9mm now i need lots of ammo

AbNo

imported post

I snagged an AR lower receiver, since that's the potentially hard part to get, and I can afford to get something else that would be otherwise later restricted.

Godscreation

imported post

Put my AK on layaway Wed. and will pick it up tomorrow at Hyatt Gun Shop. They still had a bunch of AK's (like 15) but I bought one and Larry said he can't promise they will be there next week.

Carolina40

imported post

you will be much happier with an AK:

-more powerful

-easy as cake to take apart

-you can do anything short of running over it with a tank and it will function flawlessly

-less expensive

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Since April, I have purchased 6 different types of Kalashnikovs. I also bought my Taurus with 2 17 round mags because those are going to go if a ban is put in place. And I added a pre ban Tec DC9 to my collection. Yes, I had pre Obama jitters. But if you didn't buy these before the election, don't do it right now. Wait a couple months for the panic buying to die down. The reality is that many folks are buying these weapons, but they are neglecting that these things need to eat. That is one part of this hobby that will become more difficult to obtain. When they realize how much of a PITA it is to feed these, there will be a flood of slightly used rilfes out there. Not to mention that if a ban looms, companies will need to unload as much of their inventory as possible, while maximizing their profitability through volume. Just wait and see. Right now we are seeing the same thing we saw on the weast side of the Carolinas regarding the gas "shortage".

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Better be safe than sorry, though...It may be panic buying, but it gives me a great excuse to give to my wife as to why I need to go buy so many new guns...:lol:

I'm going to try to stock up on magazines for my AK at the gun show, as well as buy an AR, if I can. If not, I'm going to at least buy the lower receiver, and a few parts, just in case. Gotta stock up on bullets too, and magazines for my XD. Luckily the XD I just bought came with a 16 round mag. Wouldn't mind having a couple more though...

Fun, fun, fun!!!!

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Here's and interesting article...

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/3919312/

I have a question...In the article it states "Gun advocates take some solace in the current makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court, which ruled 5-4 this summer to strike down the District of Columbia's 32-year ban on handguns. For now, gun rights supporters hold a narrow edge on the court, but Obama could appoint justices who would swing it the other way."

How many times can amendment be challenged and found unconstitutional? Can each President or Congress challenge an amendment until they get a win?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

11c3zmp_th.jpg

...among other things lost at sea :cry:

Caveman93

imported post

AbNo wrote:
See, I'm wondering what all I have to buy to build from a lower.

Barrel, upper receiver, trigger group.... What else?
Upper receiver, lower receiver (requires backgroud check), trigger components package and a stock of your choice. Basically, get your lower and build around that. AR15.com has some great tips. Pretty good forum actually.