Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's plans for guns. From the Office of the President Elect's .gov website

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Looks like Obama is doubling down on guns.

ETA: Looks like it was changed again 11/17. Obama sure is keeping his promise for change.

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Under agenda item - urban policy before it was removed:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would
    repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law
    enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police
    officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and
    fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense
    measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while
    keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have
    them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in
    this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal
    Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign
    battlefields and not on our streets.

ETA: Original statement from campaign website:
    http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/
    Address Gun Violence in Cities:
    As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Post imported post

What I am about to say is not going to be nice.

ALL OF YOU MORONS,AND IDIOTS WHO FELL FOR THIS MANS CLAIMS OF A NEW WORLD ARE GOING TO GET IT.

FOR YOU TO BE SO STUPID AS TO THINK THAT OBAMA WOULD NOT TRY TO TAKE OUR GUN RIGHTS AWAY IS JUST STUPID. IF YOU VOTED FOR HIM YOU VOTED TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS TAKIN AWAY AND YOU SHOULD GET IN LINE NOW AND JUST DO IT.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Vegassteve, I did not vote for obama and I'm sure (I hope) that not many on this web sight did, anyone who beleives in the 2nd ammendment should not have voted for him I agree with ya but calm down alittle most of us on here are on common ground when it came to the presidential race. I too am very frustrated! and mad! you can not say that you are for the 2nd ammendment and then try to make the assault weapons ban permanent! WTF!? Us law abiding citizens do not need to be punished for thugs in the urban areas.

The last sentence makes me shake in my boots...... I knew his agenda would be like this which is why I bought my glock22 with 15 round mags in may and I am buying a WASR tonight, it's sad that this is probobly going to happen but with our efforts I beleive we can stop it!

Ben

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

so anyone have an idea on what the tax hike on ammo might be like or do you think any of that will change? Not sure if i need to go ahead and buy some more now before he hits office, now granted i know he cant make things happen over night but im sure it's coming.

Post imported post

Our only hope is to contact our Representatives and Senators and remind them what happened after the Clinton assault weapons ban. The fear of the Congress going back to the Republicans may keep some of them in check.

Obama was not elected for his stand on gun rights but because the major media convinced people that he could fix the economy. If we put enough pressure on Congress and remind them of this fact, we might have a chance.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The assault weapons ban was jsut introduced again in 2008 by 5 republicans!!!!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

Post imported post

The quote is almost word-for-word from Obama's official campaign site.

Take a chill pill.

That agenda is not going anywhere.

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:

Take a chill pill.

What makes you so sure? Obooba's record?

Post imported post

I don't think I'd count on Pelosi and Reid to protect our rights.

Post imported post

Deleted personal attack

Post imported post

Vegas, ease up.

A LARGE majority of the people here more than likely did not vote for Obama.

Instead of launching a sleu of personal attacks on other participants and members here, why not vent that frustration to your representatives, reminding them that they serve the greater good and constitution first, before the will of the president to be?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

Maybe the Republicans offering this ban up are doing so jsut so the dems block on the basis that they didn't suggest it first. :quirky I hate my government.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:

Take a chill pill.

Wow so your calling Obama a liar? I'm shocked.

Oh and I agree it's not going anywhere but no thanks will be due to the Democratic party.

Post imported post

If you look at the date, it says June 12th, so it's definitely not new. I wonder why I didn't hear about it before. Also, on the link provided, one of the listed sponsors is Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida. She was rated A- by the GOA, and I seriously doubt she could keep that rating with such a sponsorship. On other sites, I have seen just the other 3 co-sponsors.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:

Oh and I agree it's not going anywhere but no thanks will be due to the Democratic party.
    Pro Gun Dems:

Baucus

Casey

Nelson

Tester

Warner

Webb

Possibly Reid.

"Moderate" republicans on guns:

McCain

Voinovich

Pro gun result = total republicans + 4 or 5

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    The Donkey wrote:

Take a chill pill.

Wow so your calling Obama a liar?Â* I'm shocked.

Who cares about playing the blame game? As long as we get our way, I get to focus my criticism of Obama on non-gun issues.

Post imported post

Check out http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

Under Address Gun Violence in Cities is the following:

As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Post imported post

I love the distinct lack details int he first half of that statement....

Bastards.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

"...such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."
    a) I thought he was going to arm the troops with white flags; b) I'd prefer that our troops have full auto capability, and not be limited to semi-auto firearms covered by the ban.

Post imported post

Office of the President Elect? When did THAT happen? When has it ever happened? Whutta arrogant... narcissitic, egalitarian twit. Talk about bein' full of himself!The next four years are gonna be hysterical.

Post imported post

I get so damned angry when I hear their bull**** arguments! Implying that because we don't NEED something it should be illegal. Then their SUV's and hybrid cars should be illegal. Why do they need them? Their cell phone should be illegal. Just use a land line. While you're at it, away with the TV, microwave, MP3 player, central heat and air, indoor plumbing and hot and cold running water! People did just fine for thousands of years without any of that!

I should be able to own anything I want, because I SOULD be a free man in a free country!

Post imported post

Obama says these evil weapons don't belong on our streets, but instead on foreign battlefields? Funny. He doesn't seem to mind these on our streets when they're protecting his ass.

Banned

Post imported post

that guy looks ripe for a 338 in the face

Post imported post

Note that hey start off with telling us they favor “commonsense”measures while respecting the 2nd Amendment. Stop. Don’t let them get past that word. They want to start us on the defensive; like what we want isn’t commonsense. We are the ones being un-reasonable by not allowing our constitutional rights to be infringed, marginalized and regulated. Before we get bogged down in any other arguments, we must take back the “commonsense” part of the argument.

Attack their arguments with the “commonsense” criteria. Why are the most dangerous cities in America the ones with the most gun control? Why isn’t freedom commonsense? Why is protecting my family unreasonable? Make them answer our questions, rather than reacting to their tired old “for the safety of the children” arguments.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast