• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama's plans for guns. From the Office of the President Elect's .gov website

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Office of the President Elect? When did THAT happen? When has it ever happened? Whutta arrogant... narcissitic, egalitarian twit. Talk about bein' full of himself!The next four years are gonna be hysterical.

Squid13

imported post

I get so damned angry when I hear their bull**** arguments! Implying that because we don't NEED something it should be illegal. Then their SUV's and hybrid cars should be illegal. Why do they need them? Their cell phone should be illegal. Just use a land line. While you're at it, away with the TV, microwave, MP3 player, central heat and air, indoor plumbing and hot and cold running water! People did just fine for thousands of years without any of that!

I should be able to own anything I want, because I SOULD be a free man in a free country!

nova

imported post

Obama says these evil weapons don't belong on our streets, but instead on foreign battlefields? Funny. He doesn't seem to mind these on our streets when they're protecting his ass.

Horrid Mischief

imported post

Note that hey start off with telling us they favor “commonsense”measures while respecting the 2nd Amendment. Stop. Don’t let them get past that word. They want to start us on the defensive; like what we want isn’t commonsense. We are the ones being un-reasonable by not allowing our constitutional rights to be infringed, marginalized and regulated. Before we get bogged down in any other arguments, we must take back the “commonsense” part of the argument.

Attack their arguments with the “commonsense” criteria. Why are the most dangerous cities in America the ones with the most gun control? Why isn’t freedom commonsense? Why is protecting my family unreasonable? Make them answer our questions, rather than reacting to their tired old “for the safety of the children” arguments.

Alexcabbie

imported post

As we are freaking out over the election results, President-elect Obama is recieving the National Security Briefing. Dollars to donuts he is crapping in his pants. He has chosen as his Chief of Staff a guy who is a rabid Democrat partisan, yes. But also the son of a founding member of the Irgun revolutionary group that founded the State of Israel. For all we are talking about Obama - and you guys know how rabidly I opposed his election - he is just now finding out how deep the pile of s**t he has stepped into is. A clueless little boy may be about to turn into a man overnight. I say we keep an eye on things - a very close eye - and let the situation percolate. The radical DenonRatz in Congress doubtless think they have a rubber-stamp puppet coming into the White House. Once Obama has been hit between the eyes with the reality of what he is going to be dealing with, they are alnost certain to be faced with a man who knows that he is the President and they are not. We shall see. Meanwhile, watch carefully............

rebfan

imported post

Obama is a typical liberal, like fat gal Rosie. They want to be protected by guns but do not want to trust Americans exercising our rights.

Plead The 5th

imported post

To this day i am still baffled by most of the democrats. They believe that in making all of these restrictions that is going to lessen the crime rate...this is something that has just proven to be false 9 times out of 10. Why should you and I, the law abiding upstanding citizen be punished by taking our constitutional rights and limiting what we are able to do. there needs to be stricter laws/punishment and more enforcement for firearms getting into/falling into hands of people that should not have them. Maybe then they would see that we are not the ones breaking the laws, robbing, killing or anything else. Maybe one day....this is my "I have a dream"

nova

imported post

Hmmm maybe a few of these posts should be cleaned up...they're pushing the limit IMO. :?

smccomas

imported post

nova wrote:
Hmmm maybe a few of these posts should be cleaned up...they're pushing the limit IMO. :?
I concur, in the event of that type of tragedy how quickly do you think firearm restrictions / bans would get passed? If you believe in anything, better pray that something like that doesn't happen.

We can remove a poor politician in 4 years through ballot, what you cant do is remove a martyr.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Good sign that they know a losing position when they see one. Like I said, watch carefully. "THE PRICE OF LIBERTY IS ETERNAL VIGILANCE"

I only wish a lot of folks had been more vigilant before they voted.

CJ

imported post

longwatch wrote:
BREAKING NEWS!

Looks like it was a good thing I saved the text of the plan, because it has been removed from the change.gov website.

HT http://ace.mu.nu/archives/277740.php

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy
Interesting. We'll need to keep an eye out for anymore statements on it. I'd like to think the headlines about gun sales skyrocketing and maybe messages being sent denouncing that position on his site (I sent one using the form on that site before it was changed) changed his mind or, scared him out of it for political reasons, but I'm not that optimistic. We need to keep a close, vigiliant eye out. They may try to sneak something past us unnoticedto avoid outrage until after it's passed.

Alexcabbie

imported post

One thing to watch out for is the fulfillment of idiot Joe Biden's remark about an impending "International Crisis" and the American People not likely to "agree with" the way it is handled. Could it be that all the anti-Patriot Act types are about to have their eyes ripped open at what a REAL attempt at Federal tyranny looks like?? Could be.... Some guy from Newsweek called this "Office of the President Elect" "creepy". That isn't some OCDO guy posting from his den in his socks and shorts, that's a guy from liberal-schmiberal Newsweek talking on television wearing a suit.

Overtaxed

imported post

I did something admittedly a bit offbeat... I used the "send a message" form on the change.gov site and sent a politely worded message explaining that lawful gun owners are not a threat to anyone, and that he's better off focusing on economic, fiscal and foreign policy issues.

I just read the Bill Richardson might be invited to his Cabinet.

This might be a good time to contact Mr. Richardson and tell him to tell Pres. Elect Obama that touching our gun rights would be unjust, distracting and ultimately counter-productive.

We can pout, rant, shout, etc... but at the very least, we should attempt to reach out to our opposition and say, "hey, we're here, this is where we stand, don't take anything away from us." What do we have to lose? A few mins of typing an email, an hour or so composing or sending a letter?

Overtaxed

imported post

Here's a tidbit to throw in to the mix here, regarding, "urban policy."

Miami just recorded month with no homicides. None.

Chicago is awash in street violence, including plenty of shootings.

We all know how bad their firearms restrictions are, while Floridians have excellent CCW, reciprocity, and castle doctrine laws.

Here is a major invalidation of "more guns, more crime."

XD45PlusP

imported post

[*]Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Funny, this is no longer available on the change.gov website, seems they took this part/link down, but it is still available as a Google cache. Thanks Google!

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:IcYml6GIwSAJ:change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/+change.gov+%2B+Urban+Policy&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

The page you requested is not available right now. http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

Wonder why it was taken down? (Sarcasm)

XD