• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 21 OC/CC

Krato88

imported post

As many have suggested and recommended it, I use the BH Serpa level 2 for mine. However, in some situations I'd want to CC it as well. Now I've found a way to (sort of) do both.

Being a full size pistol, the 21 doesn't have many options for CC-ing. I'd been eyeballing the ClipDraw and been warry about something that attaches directly to the gun. After getting it for very cheap off CTD.com, I couldn't have been more wrong - AND, it works great with the paddle/belt Level 2 Serpa for OC!

The only thing I caution against is the physical act of concealing it with the clip: I'm a big guy and don't have super-loose pants that are really good for CC. The G21 w/ the clip actually fit me best in the cross-draw postion, mag well facing forward, on my left side (I'm right handed). However, be careful putting it...*ahem*...in your pants. It fit well (not too tight), don't get me wrong, but since the clip is mounted to the rear panel on the Glock, it *wants* to try and rack the slide when putting preasure on the gun while mounting it - I found putting your thumb on the rear of the slide as if the gun were double action solves this problem until its securely "in there".

I was also pleasently surprised that the clip neatly rides the outside of the OC serpa level 2 - didn't see any scoring/scratching taking place and it has the added benefit of keeping the gun that much more secure in the holster. There is also that visual deterant to any on-lookers that the pistol is reeaaally secure :)

Krato88

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
sounds good but can you draw the firearm if you need to. I have the same firearm
Not at first - initally I was just trying to find a good place for it to fit.

Small of the back was out - it'd be an obvious reach plus if I had to bend over while carrying it, there was the risk of exposure even with the long shirt.

Strong side (right) was my first try. I tried right on the hip @ 90 degrees and that was just too tight.

At about 10/2 o' clock seemed good as it moved with me when I sit/stand - and since the clip is on the right side of the gun, cross draw on almost the left hip worked for me. The "sweet spot" so to speak was just about @ 10 o' clock even with the middle of my jean's pocket. The shirt I'm going to always wear comes pretty low and the only time you can see any bulge is if I lean back as if looking at the ceiling (not likely IRL hehe). Also the shirt is a little longer in the front and tapers near the sides, so I can sneak a hand in there without making a drastic movement (think pretend scratching your side/kidney area).

I did alot of mirror work (unloaded of course) and I really like the placement/action - I'd suggest doing the same when figuring out placement/etc - also go through all motions you can think you might end up doing while CC - ing...the same of course goes for OCing as well. When all was said and done, my draw was as quick from the clip/belt/crossdraw as I can from my Serpa (not range tested yet/no live fire).

I was going to go for one of the few in-belt holsters that will actually fit a G21, but I figured the pistol itself is bulky enough and the holster would just add more bulk. Plus the clip holds it just fine anyways so it'll do until I can get a 3.5-4" compact FN or Sig for deeper CC.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I have a Glock 21 I carry in a Fobus Paddle Holster. When I don't OC, a vest covers it enough for CC. It just may be that I don't worry about it and people here in Ky don't seem to care.